Masvidal popularity rise is incredible

I think Mas was a late bloomer. He has always been tough as nails and a hard fight for anyone but he really put it all together in the past couple years.

Have to be happy for the guy. He has earned everything he has got

As a longtime Gamebred fan before most of these bandwagoners its insane how popular he is now

I mean it was his KO of Askren that really made him popular, which we can now see basically means nothing. He is a good fighter but he will never be champ, he loses to Usman 100/100 times they fight. He will certainly put on some exciting fights though.

Actually it started with the Till KO + Leon backstage 3 piece which went viral. His popularity exploded after than then the Askren fight and KO catapulted him even more

The 3 piece was also hugely beneficial for his popularity.It's a bit surprising though how much i see the perception of masvidal change in here lately.

I think he has overdone it a bit with the tough guy persona.
His persona is really who he is. There's nothing fake about Masvidal, he's lived the Miami street-hood life for most of his life.
There's no putting anything on for his 'image' with that guy.

I don't know what's going to happen this weekend but I'm telling you that Usman better be bringing his A-game. Masvidal is no joke, and now he's had time to prepare. Might go the same way as last time.....yes.......but....it could go off to a completely different beat.
I don't think Masvidal will win on points, so I think he will go for 2 or 3 explosive strikes, knees or leg-kicks or punches, in Rds 1 or 2 and try to get it done fairly quickly before Usman grinds him down.

I'm putting a good amount of Vcash on Masvidal to win. Don't care at all if I lose it, it's just Vcash.
- If Jorge loses, so be it, everyone expects Usman to win.

Its not just if you win but how you win & against who. Till had never been TKO'd, Askren had never lost before, Diaz only has 1 other TKO loss in his career (over 30 fights). Till's last fight before Mas was for the WW belt, Askren's stock was at an all time high (undefeated going in), & Diaz is Diaz, 1 of the biggest draws who got a lot of star value after his Conor fights. The fact that Mas TKO'd those 3 guys in succession is quite a feat because between the 3 of them there had only ever been 1 TKO loss (70 career fights combined between those 3 guys)

Back