Masvidal popularity rise is incredible

KillaZs

Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola
Banned
Reaction score
So he lost 2 times in a row, then beat Daren waterless brain down and sent past prime Askaren to shadow realm.
Ufc gave him Nate for BMF belt since they acknowledged Masvidal has hell of a potential to be a star.
So dude went from gatekeeper and food for Till to one of biggest UFC draws in 7 months. Wow

Yeah Conor, Ronda did decent PPV buys but there was sometihng about the aura of them being undefeated that people bought into.

Masvidal did over 1m PPV buys despite being double figures with career losses.

The fact he's got so popular with his record, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way is definitely impressive.

So he lost 2 times in a row, then beat Daren waterless brain down and sent past prime Askaren to shadow realm.
Ufc gave him Nate for BMF belt since they acknowledged Masvidal has hell of a potential to be a star.
So dude went from gatekeeper and food for Till to one of biggest UFC draws in 7 months. Wow
You left out the part where directly after knocking Till unconscious, he walked away in the middle of his post-fight interview to give Leon Edwards a "three piece and a soda."

Last edited:
I was a fan of lowkey Mas. I am happy that he’s getting paid, though. He’s been fighting his whole life.

He's had an amazingly fortunately timed run, he changed his whole gimmick and perfectly bounced off of a lot of other people's fan bases like Nate and Jake Paul and even The Rock, it was all expertly timed .. The Flying Knee was the solidifying moment imo. But win or lose the title, I do believe he's kind of peaked now in interest, unless some other bat shit crazy thing happens with him.

Winning the title would obviously be a huge success don't get me wrong, but I don't think it would attract as many casuals to him as the leading of events thus far have for him.

just like nate diaz

he was a gatekeeper and now is probably in a title eliminator

It’s crazy how fast people turned on him too. I think everyone wanted him to beat Usman the first time. Now a lot of people are hoping Usman murks him, including myself.
I don´t know that, but I mean. I pray for anyone to beat The Nebraska Champ.

He's had an amazingly fortunately timed run, he changed his whole gimmick and perfectly bounced off of a lot of other people's fan bases like Nate and Jake Paul and even The Rock, it was all expertly timed .. The Flying Knee was the solidifying moment imo. But win or lose the title, I do believe he's kind of peaked now in interest, unless some other bat shit crazy thing happens with him.

Winning the title would obviously be a huge success don't get me wrong, but I don't think it would attract as many casuals to him as the leading of events thus far have for him.
He will probably fight Nate or push hard for a Conor fight. I can’t see him taking on real WW contenders anytime soon unless it’s a Colby grudge match.

Yep.
But the Tony Montana character swallowed him and he became a buffoon, with a cringe level to make Triple C look like a circumspect septuagenarian.

It’s crazy how fast people turned on him too. I think everyone wanted him to beat Usman the first time. Now a lot of people are hoping Usman murks him, including myself.
Naaaaaah.

No one wants Usman to win, we're just not as hopeful he'll beat him as we were last time. And by 'we' I mean everybody.

Maybe he'll surprise us, who knows, not likely though.

So the desire is still there, it's just the morale is real low.

He will probably fight Nate or push hard for a Conor fight. I can’t see him taking on real WW contenders anytime soon unless it’s a Colby grudge match.

They all could be smart picks for him, but likewise they COULD all end up not making sense, depending on how the current booked fights go.
Colby doesn't seem to want it unless a belt is on the line, and Conor and Nate wins or losses in relation to Masvidal's win or loss, could lead to those two either being far too lowly considered for an opponent that highly ranked, or alternatively they could find better fights than Masvidal if they both win and he loses..
We'll see I guess.

The long hair, the 3 piece and a biscuit and the Askue ko all was like a trifecta into needle mover territory. Can't hate the guy, not a big fan, but I do respect Mas' hustle.

He might not be a great fighter in terms of his skill ( even tho you have to rank him Top 5 current WW), but he is simply a cool dude, a real psycho and has a very nice fightingstyle. Good hands, good power, always a punchers chance, good workrate, good chin, never gets totally fucked up. So a living proof that you can become a superstar without being champion material. And who knows, one great connection and he might very well become the ww champ. Chances arent great, but they are not nonexistent either.

Back