Masvidal Mocks Usman for Calling Out Fighter Ranked Below Him Who He Already Beat

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Owl and The Duck

pjimage-1-1-4.jpg

“On a personal note, Usman’s coaches, training staff, a good amount of them were my graduating class from American Top Team before they split, and (then went to the) Blackzillians. And then whatever the gym is called now that they created with Henry Hooft and other individuals. Great gym and stuff, but that’s a part of what used to be American Top Team.

“So, his coaches know, his training partners know very well who I am, and he knows very well who I am. So, for him to say ‘Who?’ it’s kind of like, I know why you’re saying ‘Who?’ The circle ain’t that big. We both know what time it is when we both get in there.

“I wouldn’t say [I’ve been] impressed,” Usman said of Masvidal. “Because it’s Masvidal, nothing’s changed. He’s the same guy. He’s fought the same way forever. It’s just the luck of the draw. He’s getting that luck of the draw.”

Masvidal doesn’t buy that statement. He’s quite certain coaches such as Jorge Santiago and Kami Barzini, who now work at Hooft’s Hard Knocks 365 after exiting American Top Team, will inform Usman what he’s all about.

“‘This guy Masvidal, it’s not rumors or myths, this guy is really a bad motherf*cker,’” Masvidal said. “They knew I was a hard worker then. And I’m not exaggerating, a lot of guys that are even in his corner know very well who I am, and (that) this is my everything, how my work ethic is.

“He better go keep asking for that other dude that nobody knows his name (Leon Edwards), that he already beat that’s ranked under me,” he joked. “That makes a lot of sense. The guy you already beat, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The guy that you beat that’s ranked under me, you want to give him a title shot?

-Submission Radio (via BJPenn.com)

Last edited:
Leon deserves a title shot more
Especially if he beats Woodley

if edward beat woodley, he is the no1 contender by a long shot, what about masvidal calling out a smaller fighter who is coming of a loss and fight in a division below ?

How the actual fuck did you get a yellow card dude?

Masvidals calling out Conor tho.... And if Leon beats Woodley, he should definitely leap frog Masvidal.

<LatsRickStory>A champ that just made his first and only title defense is asked who he wants next and mentions a guy he already beat and makes note of how he has been finishing guys (3 finishes in 5 years) and then he mentions a superfight with a retired legend.<JerryWWF> but somehow he does not know who the hottest fighter in his division is?<{katwhu}><31>
<Kpop01>Marty Fakenewsman beat a troll so now it's ok for him to be a troll<{cruzshake}>

Edwards vs Masvidal is the fight I want to see, let's finish the unsettled beef.

But politics and money will ensure we probably won't see that ever

He's right

Jorge already destroyed two Brits in their own country

so we are now against Champs taking on the rightful number one contenders .
<mma4>

The Owl and The Duck

pjimage-1-1-4.jpg

“On a personal note, Usman’s coaches, training staff, a good amount of them were my graduating class from American Top Team before they split, and (then went to the) Blackzillians. And then whatever the gym is called now that they created with Henry Hooft and other individuals. Great gym and stuff, but that’s a part of what used to be American Top Team.

“So, his coaches know, his training partners know very well who I am, and he knows very well who I am. So, for him to say ‘Who?’ it’s kind of like, I know why you’re saying ‘Who?’ The circle ain’t that big. We both know what time it is when we both get in there.

“I wouldn’t say [I’ve been] impressed,” Usman said of Masvidal. “Because it’s Masvidal, nothing’s changed. He’s the same guy. He’s fought the same way forever. It’s just the luck of the draw. He’s getting that luck of the draw.”

Masvidal doesn’t buy that statement. He’s quite certain coaches such as Jorge Santiago and Kami Barzini, who now work at Hooft’s Hard Knocks 365 after exiting American Top Team, will inform Usman what he’s all about.

“‘This guy Masvidal, it’s not rumors or myths, this guy is really a bad motherf*cker,’” Masvidal said. “They knew I was a hard worker then. And I’m not exaggerating, a lot of guys that are even in his corner know very well who I am, and (that) this is my everything, how my work ethic is.

“He better go keep asking for that other dude that nobody knows his name (Leon Edwards), that he already beat that’s ranked under me,” he joked. “That makes a lot of sense. The guy you already beat, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The guy that you beat that’s ranked under me, you want to give him a title shot?

-Submission Radio (via BJPenn.com)

What happened to Masvidal? He sounds like a bitch lately crying over Colby and now Usman. Why is he so sensitive? Man the fuck up Jorge

Last edited:
Beating an unranked fighter in Diaz and winning a fake belt that no one cares about will not get you a proper title shot,

Edwards is more deserving of that title shot if he beats a former Champ turned disaster rapper in Woodley.

Masvidal will probably get the shot before Leon if Conor decides to fight someone else but Leon 100% deserves it.

Hilarious that Masvidal is taking shots at Usman in the media when he's been flat out ducking a shot at him in the cage.

Real "BMF" behavior there :rolleyes:

Masvidal needs at least one more high profile win for a title shot.

Covington once he heals up? It would give us a good idea of how Masvidal would fare against a top wrestler. Maia was able to take him down and keep him down, I expect for Covington it would be even easier.

Or RDA if he beats Chiesa. If nothing else, it would be a good, aggressive fight.

Now i'm confused Masvidal beat former title challenger Till and Leon beat former champ Rafeal. Who is more deserving title shot? I think Leon coz nate and askren both bums.

Sherdogs getting soft everyone getting yellow card now
They’ve been in damage control this last week, I had a few choice words about ufc 245 and had my posts deleted. As well as other people have been seriously censored recently.

masvidal will keep doing what hes been doing this past year.........

Back