Masvidal is What the Diaz Bro's Pretend to be

The next thing you’ll probably try to convince me is that you’d rather pay $ to see Benavidez fight on the next card > either Diaz.

They were raised in Lodi. Not Stockton. Theyre full of shit.

Even in Stockton it isnt like everyone was raised on Wilson Way.
Great, a new sherdog myth pops out.

Weed made Diaz bros stupid.

However Nick looks better and mature then Nate, who is still in high school

Yeah thanks to Conor, half of Nate's fans are casual/Conor's haters
Lol, the Diaz brothers where fan favorites with some of the biggest followings in the sport long before Conor showed up.

Probably why "non needle mover" Nate had the highest rating for the Fight Nights he headlined and why prior to Khabib had the 2 biggest PPVs despite the first one only having 10 days of promotion. Both out selling 205 a historic and stacked first ever MSG card with Conor attempting to become the first "champ champ" as the headliner.

There's a reason conor picked Nate and it wasn't only because he was the only option that hadn't been training in anticipation of such an opportunity making him look like, at least on paper, the safest fight.

Still thanks to RDA pulled out ,Conor still want to fight (Conor could pulled out like most fighters) and Dana chose him as a replacment (which means luck), it not like he earned it.
Also your post has nothing against my post, Nate was lucky he could fight Conor and still half of his fans came from those fights.
Lol, Conor chose Nate, not Dana and it was because on paper he was the lowest risk as well as the most likely to sell big with only 10 days to promote.

Where do you get this "most fighters would have pulled out" BS?

The only fighters who ever really choose not to accept last minute opponents are champions who are taking a big risk excepting a fight against an opponent they haven't had a chance to prepare for and Tony if he isn't getting compensated accordingly for it.

Edit: My bad, I should have said he was the lowest risk after Aldo's management talked him into turning it down since his no contact medical suspension would be expiring at the start of fight week leaving him no time to really train and Frankie laying on an operating table also turned it down. Those were there first picks to get the fight.

Last edited:
Thats an MMA crossover I wanna see...diaz bros and Masvidal just hanging out..

I wonder if they will hate eachother...west coast street vs east coast street.

this shit sounds so retared, grow the fuck up
it's marketing ploy by rap music producers to sell records for to 16 year olds that even some stupid rappers fall for.

kinda like silly trash talkers in mma.

Look. The truth is the Diaz brothers have been way ahead of the game. They seem to be the only fighters who understand this is prize fighting. Mugs like Horhey Mastival are fighting for peanuts while both Nick and Nate are taking home $1m+ paydays.

Even now, you have Khabib and his coaches talking about being interested in the Nate fight after last weekends altercation.

Meanwhile, wanna be Jorge is picking fights with fucking Leon Edwards.

You got it exactly backwards TS.
Nate and Nick are irrelevant and without Conor or Gsp they are still 60k show/60k win fighters, dont get it wrong... they are not draws by themselves. Jorge is starting to get leverage and become known because he put up the hard work.

I don't think Diaz Bros "pretend" to be anything. If you've ever been to Stockton, everyone is like that . Tough, gritty, don't put up with bs. I grew up there and everyday either walking to school, the store, friends, or wherever you gotta worry about getting shot at, jumped, robbed, etc...

Everyone is pretty much like the Diaz Bros in Stockton, it's like you have to be like that to survive.
Lmao you speak of Stockton as if it was fucking 8 mile, East st louis, Harlem, Trenton, Compton or San Salvador.... people make fun about how Stockton is nowhere near close to those truly rough cities.

STOCKTON, Calif. -- If there is a way to summarize the lasting effect Nate Diaz's hometown has had on him, it's that it taught him this: Always be all the way in when it comes to a fight.

That might sound like an obvious lesson, one that doesn't necessarily require growing up in Stockton to figure out...
Even the author you quote considers them born and raised in Stockton.
Wikipedia does too. Hell, everybody except.....you.

You thought the world of MMA was duped by the Diaz brothers and, after all those years, you came to shed light in this conspiracy?

Funny, the Diaz brothers look way more authentic and "real" than Masdival to me.
Diaz brothers are try-hards. I’d imagine them ganging up on some one but one on one Masvidal is the real deal . He’s a loner who doesn’t need a whole posse to intimidate someone. He doesn’t talk shit that much, doesn’t go around flipping people off, mean mugging. He just comes over with his hands behind his back with a smile and does his things.

Look at his street fighting videos years back, Kimbo and Ray had their own posse, Masvidal was a kid who came by himself and kicked their protegres butt TWICE. He was surrounded by them and never feared. I don’t see any of the Diaz brothers doing that without their posse.

If it was Nate Diaz it would have been hundreds of gang signs, middle fingers, lots of lip smacking before ANYTHING happens if any. Barking dogs don’t bite.

Last edited:
Nate and Nick are irrelevant and without Conor or Gsp they are still 60k show/60k win fighters, dont get it wrong... they are not draws by themselves. Jorge is starting to get leverage and become known because he put up the hard work.

You sound like a Women’s Fights Activist, IMO.

Even the author you quote considers them born and raised in Stockton.
Wikipedia does too. Hell, everybody except.....you.

You thought the world of MMA was duped by the Diaz brothers and, after all those years, you came to shed light in this conspiracy?

Huh? It doesnt really matter. Its a fact of reality he was raised in Lodi, just like I said.

Hate to burst your bubble. But its true. He wasnt raised in Stockton. Now, a lot of this probably has to do with the fact that I live in the 209 and I know the difference. And I know the neighborhoods in Stockton and even people that knew them growing up.

That doesnt mean he didnt go to Stockton, or hang there. But no matter what its not the same thing as being raised there. You dont get the street cred when you go home to sleep in a different town.

Iirc, Nick has been very complimentary of Masvidal in the past. Praising his boxing and his style.
If anyone can lure Nick Diaz from his self-imposed exile of perpetual boredom it is probably someone like Masvidal.
It's a fight i'd love to see.

Lmao you speak of Stockton as if it was fucking 8 mile, East st louis, Harlem, Trenton, Compton or San Salvador.... people make fun about how Stockton is nowhere near close to those truly rough cities.

Tell me what Nick was paid in the BJ Penn fight and then think about your daft 'its because of GSP' comment.

Huh? It doesnt really matter. Its a fact of reality he was raised in Lodi, just like I said.

Hate to burst your bubble. But its true. He wasnt raised in Stockton. Now, a lot of this probably has to do with the fact that I live in the 209 and I know the difference. And I know the neighborhoods in Stockton and even people that knew them growing up.

That doesnt mean he didnt go to Stockton, or hang there. But no matter what its not the same thing as being raised there. You dont get the street cred when you go home to sleep in a different town.
Sure thing random sherdoger. I'm taking, good, clear notes of what you have to say.

On behalf of all the mma world, I thank you for your contribution mr.Sherlok.

Lol, you can't be serious? Sure Nate was 60/60 for a while on a contract he signed because of the large up front signing bonus he got but Nick never was and you're delusional if you actually believe they were never in the top 10% popularity wise, maybe even top 5.

Diaz brother fights have always been must see TV among hardcore's whether you are a fan or just wanted to watch them get beat up.

Iirc, Nick has been very complimentary of Masvidal in the past. Praising his boxing and his style.
If anyone can lure Nick Diaz from his self-imposed exile of perpetual boredom it is probably someone like Masvidal.
It's a fight i'd love to see.
It was signed but fell apart for some reason, they already agreed to do it.

Robbery.

Back