Masvidal is What the Diaz Bro's Pretend to be

I'm pretty sure it's not that simple. From what I've noticed, negotiations are a part of the game and they happen before the contracts expire. Also, as it's known, UFC is not that straightforward in their ways.

What did they say though? When did they say it? All we know is that Nate has an upcoming fight with Pettis. So, where did you get the "the say they are fighters but almost never fight"? How on earth did they bother you in any way?

Nick is retired and Nate has a fight. Somehow that makes you post against them. Who's at fault here?

Edit: Oh, one more thing.
How come you get bothered out of thin air when it's about the Diaz brothers but you seem to not notice the constant whinning from sherdogers about Diaz not bending the knee?

WTF are you talking about? Nate hasn't fought in 3 years. You don't call this rarely fighting? Ok let's end the discussion here if you seriously think this.

Nate was offered plenty of fights, he just didn't take them. I don't get bothered by the Diaz bros I just say they are a gimmick. Loud mouths like the rest of them.

Masvidal is constantly looking for fights, takes all comers and goes for the finish. That's a fighter.

WTF are you talking about? Nate hasn't fought in 3 years. You don't call this rarely fighting? Ok let's end the discussion here if you seriously think this.

Nate was offered plenty of fights, he just didn't take them. I don't get bothered by the Diaz bros I just say they are a gimmick. Loud mouths like the rest of them.

Masvidal is constantly looking for fights, takes all comers and goes for the finish. That's a fighter.
You dodged my questions and you imply that I said Nate's not fighting rarely (I did not say such a thing). Here are my questions again in case you missed them:
What did they say though? When did they say it? All we know is that Nate has an upcoming fight with Pettis. So, where did you get the "the say they are fighters but almost never fight"? How on earth did they bother you in any way?

I bet he was offered....for a lower price. And here you are bitching again about it and calling them a gimmick. Why? Because you want em to fight often and for peanuts.

Masvidal (along with Dana) told you he was fighting Nick while the truth was, he wasn't. Call Dana and tell him someone here is keeping tabs. Aye.

Lmao right! Diaz Bros and Masvidal are friends yet here Sherdog goes trying to find some way to devalue the Diaz’s as usual.
I don't know about friends. Jorge's past actions are suspicious to me. I didn't say anything back then but since now some users want to play dirty* I thought I should say a couple words, like you can see in this post of mine.

Edit:
* Well, they always play dirty. I meant play dirty by making these foolish claims.

Last edited:
Any adults who becomes with the Diaz brothers pretend to be, should not be proud of it. I'm a fan of them in the cage. But they’re man children.

At this point he's the Nick Diaz who currently fights and isn't drunk all the time. And like the Diaz bros, he's durable, talented, capable of putting on very exciting fights...but will never win a belt. He also has a tendency to coast or go passive that the Diaz boys never did.

Talking about strawmen while he tries to turn attention from the context...
"Accurate" while avoiding the context? So many BS, you're a hard-working man.

Padded according to you and, in this thread, your character becomes painfully obvious.

I don't care about what you love/hate/like/dislike. Your words are worthless. You're trying to devalue Nick and the only thing you manage is to devalue yourself.

Cool story bro. Write down Nicks five best victories then get back to me.

No one needs to devalue Nick, he's done it himself. That's why he's always whining and bitching about his lack of pay. If he was 10-0 in the ufc and beaten a who's who of who's everybody, then trust me, he'd be getting paid.

But he isn't.

Fully agree with @Bubba32 and will add the following:
Masvidal is not only a real G, he is a lot better, a lot lot better fighter. He is smarter, he can talk, he is witty. And his realness makes whatever he says sound heavy and cool. You cannot but respect that guy.
He also doesn't complain like a lil bitch all the time and actually fights!
He is what the Diaz bros think they are.
giphy.gif

How is he a lot better?

Both he and Nate beat Cerrone
Both lost to Bendo
Mas lost to Paul Daley, whom Nick KO'd in the 1st round

Jorge's wrestling is a bit better (though it's nothing special, as a 39-year old Maia took him down repeatedly). His BJJ is good, but he just uses it defensively while both Diaz brothers have many wins by submission. Masvidal has more power but he doesn't have the work rate or "punches in bunches" style...in fact, he tends to get passive and let fights like Iaquinta slip into SD losses. I can't see prime Nick or Nate losing that fight unless Al somehow managed to LnP them the entire fight (doubtful).

Cool story bro. Write down Nicks five best victories then get back to me.

No one needs to devalue Nick, he's done it himself. That's why he's always whining and bitching about his lack of pay. If he was 10-0 in the ufc and beaten a who's who of who's everybody, then trust me, he'd be getting paid.

But he isn't.
"NO U" argument again? You really like that I see.

You pretend as if I was trying to convince you about anything.Nick could cure cancer and you'd still crap on it. That's why you're in this thread after all.

I only see "fans" bitching and moaning as if the Diaz brothers took their TV sets. News flash, you can still watch UFC brah and it's filled with GOATs!
He doesn't have that record because he doesn't wrestle/point-fight which is more than fine by me. If they won't get paid then they won't fight and you'll be moaning again on sherdog for some odd reason.

Btw, since you didn't get the memo, Nick's retired. Let it go.

Funny, the Diaz brothers look way more authentic and "real" than Masdival to me.
All you need to know about masvidal is he became famous for beating up Kimbo Slice's protege who outweighed him by about 30 pounds in the presence of Kimbo in a backyard bareknuckle fight in a ghetto in Miami.

Reaching way too hard now.

My original post that you replied to was about Nick Diaz and his record:

"I enjoyed watching them, but if you have an "any time any where" attitude, you don't fight bums in a mediocre organisation".

You then decided not to query the quality of Nicks specific wins against specific fighters which specifically represent his specific fighting skills and their specific worth. You instead decide to argue the overrall quality of the organisation he fought in, which ia irrelevant and trying to dodge the entire thread point.

You're like a politician that's losing an argument on a topic, so tries to argue irrelevance to change the subject.

Re-read the title, remember what this thread is about, and get yourself back on track. You're like Sherdog's Owen Jones.
I'm the politician here, lol.

My argument hasn't changed from the beginning of this so I'm in no way "losing" it nor am I trying to change the subject.

You said he fought "bums in a 2nd rate organization" which is what I took exception too, especially considering almost all of those "bums" have competed in the UFC but that's irrelevant.

I do feel at this point I should probably point out that using your logic mind you the same argument can be made for Jorge ( who I'm also a long time fan of) except he was losing to those "bums" including Paul Daly and of course the infamous Amada sub.

Regardless though I'm still pretty confident it's safe to say they are both still tough dudes who are unlikely to back down from a fight. I mean Nick fought 2 of the guy's that are constants in the GOAT debate.

The media between Jorge and either Diaz brother would be some must see television lol

This thread title is so stupid. The Diaz brothers dont pretend to be anything other than they are.

Masvidal is only now making a name for himself, he has two year left, tops. Trust me, Diaz got millions, so he cant sit back for marquee fights now

Back