Masvidal is What the Diaz Bro's Pretend to be

You can see it in his street fights with Kimbo’s Ray. He was surrounded by their whole posse, he was by himself. Never said a single word, never talked shit. Just did his business and went home
Jorge had people with him at both of those fights.

They cling onto big names to pull ppv numbers. You think that Diaz and Nick alone can carry a ppv like Brock, Honda, Conor, Chuck and Gsp did? No way.
Probably not but it's a 2 way street.

Before Khabib the Nate fights out sold all other Conor fights including the one that should have been the biggest going for the second belt that came after Diaz.

If it was just Conor getting bigger and bigger with each PPV that would not have been the case. Nate as the B side was a bigger draw than anyone else in that position.

Nicks fight with GSP was GSPs biggest seller outside of 100 with Brock also on the card and his fights with Condit, BJ and Anderson all sold well also.

Nate not getting a PPV main event of his own against anyone other than Conor leaves this question a mystery but I would be willing to wager if he did nobody fighting right now would beat it aside from Jon or Khabib.

Nicks Strikeforce fights were easily there biggest events outside Fedor and Nates Fight Nights also put up record numbers so to claim they aren't among the top stars is pretty asinine really if your opinion is based on facts instead of being clouded by your personal feelings towards them.

They count as much as the first 25 fights on a Boxers record....

I enjoyed watching them, but if you have an "any time any where" attitude, you don't fight bums in a mediocre organisation, then bitch about the UFC top tier 'ducking you'.
Lol, how many of those guys from that "mediocre organization" went on to win or fight for UFC belts again?

I can think of 2 in Nicks division alone, one of which had a losing record in that org as well as a loss to Nick himself and the other was being touted as the WW GOAT (though not by anyone with a brain admittedly) not that long ago.

Did you actually think before writing and posting this cause it really doesn't seem like it I gotta say.

Probably not but it's a 2 way street.

Before Khabib the Nate fights out sold all other Conor fights including the one that should have been the biggest going for the second belt that came after Diaz.

If it was just Conor getting bigger and bigger with each PPV that would not have been the case. Nate as the B side was a bigger draw than anyone else in that position.

Nicks fight with GSP was GSPs biggest seller outside of 100 with Brock also on the card and his fights with Condit, BJ and Anderson all sold well also.

Nate not getting a PPV main event of his own against anyone other than Conor leaves this question a mystery but I would be willing to wager if he did nobody fighting right now would beat it aside from Jon or Khabib.

Nicks Strikeforce fights were easily there biggest events outside Fedor and Nates Fight Nights also put up record numbers so to claim they aren't among the top stars is pretty asinine really if your opinion is based on facts instead of being clouded by your personal feelings towards them.
They are not big draws, man. They are nowhere near McGregor, Honda, Chuck, Gsp, Brock in terms of fame and draw. That has little to do with whether i like them or them being good fighters or not.

Diaz bros are not fakes at all. They just mostly inactive now.

They are not big draws, man. They are nowhere near McGregor, Honda, Chuck, Gsp, Brock in terms of fame and draw. That has little to do with whether i like them or them being good fighters or not.
I never said they were on par with the sports biggest historical stars, I said they are in the top 10%.

Not everyone will sell over a million, in fact very very few will but they are in the also small percentage that can sell in the 5- 700 thousand range making them well above average draws.

This conversation is getting ridiculous at this point.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone find it weird that Nate, after his time away comes back fighting Pettis because he is the "only exciting guy in WW" or whatever nonsense he said??? Talk about being an opportunist. Pettis has been doing far more losing than winning and now because he managed to KO and old injured Thompson is Nate coming out of the woodwork looking for a fight. He doesn't even call out the guys that would be bigger paychecks for him like Mas, or Trollby. Weird...

Lol, how many of those guys from that "mediocre organization" went on to win or fight for UFC belts again?

I can think of 2 in Nicks division alone, one of which had a losing record in that org as well as a loss to Nick himself and the other was being touted as the WW GOAT (though not by anyone with a brain admittedly) not that long ago.

Did you actually think before writing and posting this cause it really doesn't seem like it I gotta say.

Paul Daley? Cyborg? KJ Noons? Wild man Denny? Mushin Corbrey? Yeah, a real who's who of mma world champions and top tier elite fighters.

His only two good wins were against an undersized Gomi, well over a decade ago, or Robbie 15 years ago.

Don't make me post his UFC record and embarrass you. Next time, think before writing.

Masvidal is 34-13 his last win was amazing but let's not act like he's undefeated or unbeatable. The Diaz brothers will lace em up and fight anywhere anytime as would Masvidal. Respect.

In my mind, one 5 second knockout doesn't erase a hand full of sparring matches he's put on display.

I can't think of a boring Diaz fight.

stone cold killer this Jorge. Diaz Bro's look like male nurses next to this guy.

And by "stone cold killer" you mean "immature idiots"? Im not sure which is worse, to be like that or wanting to be like that.

Paul Daley? Cyborg? KJ Noons? Wild man Denny? Mushin Corbrey? Yeah, a real who's who of mma world champions and top tier elite fighters.

His only two good wins were against an undersized Gomi, well over a decade ago, or Robbie 15 years ago.

Don't make me post his UFC record and embarrass you. Next time, think before writing.
Nice, good job changing the parameters and backing out of you "second rate org" comment.

I never said anything about Nicks record, though it is cute you think you can "embarrass" me.

I'll ask again, how many fighters from the "second rate org" he was fighting for went on to win or fight for UFC belts?

Crazy how a fighter can go from "second rate competition" to "elite" simply by having the "2nd rate organization" they were fighting in bought out rebranding them as "UFC fighters".

The level of bitchassness in this thread is OFF THE CHARTS. Sounds like a bunch of little sissies talking about their favorite 90s boy bands. What a cringey ass thread. Bunch of betas.

Nice, good job changing the parameters and backing out of you "second rate org" comment.

I never said anything about Nicks record, though it is cute you think you can "embarrass" me.

I'll ask again, how many fighters from the "second rate org" he was fighting for went on to win or fight for UFC belts?

Crazy how a fighter can go from "second rate competition" to "elite" simply by having the "2nd rate organization" they were fighting in bought out rebranding them as "UFC fighters".

You've decided to ignore the specific fighters that Nick fought and instead try and use the success of a tiny percent of other fighters from the same org as proof that Nicks competition weren't bums?

Jesus, that's some mental gymnastics there.

That's like saying "Person A must be good at their job because there are other people in the same workplace who are good at their job". It's a logical fallacy. You'd literally fail that question in an IQ test.

Seriously dude, KJ Noons, Thomas Denny, Zaromskis etc all count as good wins for Nick because Rockhold won a ufc title?

If you have Downe Syndrome you have an excuse for that level of stupidity. If not...

Didn't Nick piece up a dude in a hospital after a fight?

Zero doubt in my mind that the Diaz brothers are exactly who they portray themselves as.
this exactly...

Back