Masvidal is one of the most boring fighters in the UFC

Jorge is good, but uneventful as hell. Once again, he took off the 3rd round to casually coast. Technically, I enjoy his style. But I often find myself like this since it's been the same thing for so long.

tumblr_n0vhvk4FJc1rxf6yzo1_500.gif

It's actually insane how uneventful every single solitary fight this guy has is.

I know there are a lot of hipsters here that like to give everyone a medal for participating and like to pass off tedious moments as "technical ability" but this guy just doesn't do it for me. He's not a bad fighter, he's just boring as fuck. Outside of finishing Cezar Mutante (who arguably has the shakiest chin in the UFC), the guy has been to a decision in his last 10 fights or something. He dropped Pearson tonight and it was a beautiful punch, but if that punch didn't land then it would've looked like every other Masvidal fight. Uneventful, tedious, "technical" but also a cure for insomnia. Don't forget him smiling every time he gets hit.

Street fight videos aren't allowed anymore AFAIK, but I implore you to search youtube for them. He has two fights against Kimbo's "protege" and it actually looked like all of his UFC fights. When you can't finish your opponent in a STREET FIGHT and both of your street fight wins are a result of the other guy eventually gassing out of his mind, you are probably a boring fighter.

HMMMMmmm... Judging by the replies you got and replies I got I think opinion of Masvidal went a bit down from the thread that I made almost 2 years ago:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/masvidals-last-11-of-12-fights-went-to-a-decision.2833485/

Hilariously enough, I started to like Masvidal after watching his YT fights ;)

The Western Conference in the NHL is often boring as fuck too, that doesn't mean I dislike hockey

Everyone likes exciting sports and fights.

Sherdog is like living in Canada and being a hockey fan. Everyone talks about it, everyone has an opinion but only 30% are watching, and only 20% grasp it.

It's actually insane how uneventful every single solitary fight this guy has is.

I know there are a lot of hipsters here that like to give everyone a medal for participating and like to pass off tedious moments as "technical ability" but this guy just doesn't do it for me. He's not a bad fighter, he's just boring as fuck. Outside of finishing Cezar Mutante (who arguably has the shakiest chin in the UFC), the guy has been to a decision in his last 10 fights or something. He dropped Pearson tonight and it was a beautiful punch, but if that punch didn't land then it would've looked like every other Masvidal fight. Uneventful, tedious, "technical" but also a cure for insomnia. Don't forget him smiling every time he gets hit.

Street fight videos aren't allowed anymore AFAIK, but I implore you to search youtube for them. He has two fights against Kimbo's "protege" and it actually looked like all of his UFC fights. When you can't finish your opponent in a STREET FIGHT and both of your street fight wins are a result of the other guy eventually gassing out of his mind, you are probably a boring fighter.

What in the blue hell do you know about streetfights

Boy needs to learn from Francisco Mir, that guy has never been in a boring fight. Mir/Vera, Mir/Freeman, Mir/Carwin, Mir/Barnett, Mir/JDS, Mir/Hunt, etc. All classics that everyone should see. @KONE @NightwingBJJ

Back