Masvidal is one of the most boring fighters in the UFC

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
It's actually insane how uneventful every single solitary fight this guy has is.

I know there are a lot of hipsters here that like to give everyone a medal for participating and like to pass off tedious moments as "technical ability" but this guy just doesn't do it for me. He's not a bad fighter, he's just boring as fuck. Outside of finishing Cezar Mutante (who arguably has the shakiest chin in the UFC), the guy has been to a decision in his last 10 fights or something. He dropped Pearson tonight and it was a beautiful punch, but if that punch didn't land then it would've looked like every other Masvidal fight. Uneventful, tedious, "technical" but also a cure for insomnia. Don't forget him smiling every time he gets hit.

Street fight videos aren't allowed anymore AFAIK, but I implore you to search youtube for them. He has two fights against Kimbo's "protege" and it actually looked like all of his UFC fights. When you can't finish your opponent in a STREET FIGHT and both of your street fight wins are a result of the other guy eventually gassing out of his mind, you are probably a boring fighter.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are a hipster or are giving something a free pass. Despite him being one of my favorite fighters I know certainly there are things to be critical of Masvidal for, and without a doubt he will coast to decisions which some people find boring.

I like him and his style, but I can understand if you don't. You have to at least admit it's exciting waiting to see if the judge's completely fuck him or not.

To each his own. Is Francimar Barroso still on the roster? He's the most boring and least interesting fighter to watch, for me.

hughesgirl.gif

@Rex Kwon Do

I agree TS, there's just something about his fights.

Kamaru Usman, I'd rather watch a guy like Masvidal than that blanket. FOH Shit thread

nah, i like him, he's good at everything.

now, if we talking about that Andrew Sanchez POS from Tuf. then yeah he could fuck off right now.

Masvidal is the Mousasi of Cuban-American LWs turned WWs.

He won the fight, and easily handled a dangerous fighter. He beat All Aquinta. What more do you want from the guy? Better than Sage. If Sage starts dominating like Masvidal then I will pay him respect. Also ask Michael Chiesa if he respects Jorge.

He's a good fighter, but at times he fights way too passively.

Surprised he didn't jump on Pearson after he got back up in the 2nd.

I was never a huge Leites fan but I respect what he has brought to MMA.

he is not but his finishing power is lacking big time

I like Masvidal but yeah he does get lazy and coast. Had a nice jab on him tonight though

He's the new Tibau (less grapple heavy but still). Will beat low to mid level fighters, lose to the top guys. All by decision, non very exciting or memorable.

Back