Masvidal a tune up?

Teddy Brukshot

Top Shotta
Banned
Reaction score
Is Masvidal meant as a tune up for Nick Diaz, the fight doesn't make sense for any other purpose in my opinion. Jorge is a great fighter but he's not going to be a star any time soon so it seems weird to match up Nick Diaz who is one of the companies bigger draws with him. Do you think that there are bigger plans for Nick and this is meant as tune up fight? If it is I hope that Masvidal ruins whatever plan they have.

No its a fight they made for diaz as they know masvidal will throw down, no wrestling, no spinning shit. Its actually fantastic matchmaking.

A Masvidal fight falling through when Diaz pulls out or gets popped for weed isn't a disaster.
Nick hasn't won a fight since 2011 and hasn't fought for almost 4 years so none of the Conor generation of UFC fans even know who he is, is that Nate's brother?

If it's a tune up fight it's a bad choice, Jorge is no mug, doesn't have a weak chin and isn't known to quit in fights.

Not sure why this fight was made other than someone thinks Nick doesn't deserve to come back from a 4 year hiatus and fight the big boys?

Great fight and I'm looking forward to it, but as a Diaz fan it's not the fight I would choose.

Also doesn't make much sense to Nick after turning down so many fights as they weren't big enough or paying enough.

This is not an easy fight for either guy

EDIT: I don't believe it will happen

I think Nick thinks he can Michael Johnson Jorge's ass. Put on a show and get a big money fight.

He is probably wrong thinking that.

But just imagine the hype if he walks down Masvidal with his hands up landing nasty combinations followed by a vintage callout.

9PMmvkD.gif

I don’t think Masvidal is going to go for any of Nicks shit. He won’t give an inch in the lead up, and isnt going to allow Diaz to bully him in the cage. This could end up like Diaz vs Noons 1.

Masvidal by UD or KO/TKO
I don't see Diaz winning, because Masvidal is a legit tough guy from the street, so a fake gangsta won't intimidate him

Is Masvidal meant as a tune up for Nick Diaz, the fight doesn't make sense for any other purpose in my opinion. Jorge is a great fighter but he's not going to be a star any time soon so it seems weird to match up Nick Diaz who is one of the companies bigger draws with him. Do you think that there are bigger plans for Nick and this is meant as tune up fight? If it is I hope that Masvidal ruins whatever plan they have.
It would certainly be foolish to consider Masvidal a tuneup fight. I'd be shocked if Diaz isn't a significant underdog coming in. He should be.

Lol if you think that. Masvidal will crush Diaz

Although it’s irrelevant speculation. A Diaz brother won’t show up for their own funeral nowadays

Diaz getting TKO'd, sorry lads.

I think my post has been misinterpreted by some people. I don't think Masvidal is an easy fight by any stretch but he's pretty far removed from a money fight or big name fight for a Nick Diaz comeback fight.

It's the biggest gangsta fight the UFC can do. Both are legit tough guys with iron chins, great hands and a bad atittude.

Problem is this fight was supposed to happen almost 10 years ago in order to live its prime potential. I have no idea what form of Diaz we're gonna see here.

I always felt the Cerrone fight was a tune-up fight to propel Donald into another title fight & well we all know how that ended up.

nick is not a big draw. lols

Tune -,up ? ... Masvidal is no " tune up" for anyone especially for a guy who's last big win was against a 145er/155er who he was twice the size of in b.j Penn.
Don't get me wrong, Diaz will be mild favorite but mild to slight favorites aren't tune up fights.

Tune up? Diaz probably wont win. This is a bad matchup for him. Masvidal is not the guy to fight with rust.

masvidal is a decent fighter but way overrated, inconsistent as fuck, never pulls the trigger and his best wins are split losses, casuals tend to overrataed him because the way he talks. Im rooting for diaz in this one, no one war he loses against masvidal.

Back