News Masvidal - “Askren was a nobody.”

Thread needs this...

tenor.gif

His name should be Ben Aspirin because that Boi woke up from a nasty permanent headache after that knee.

No idea what this thread is supposed to be about, but Masvidal is 50 fights into his career and nobody knew or cared what cards he was even on before this year, now he's headlining his first PPV.
Perfect example why it's important to bing excitement. Personaly I knew Jorge could do it. I pay attention lol

After the Masvidal fight Ariel Helwani got his highest and most fast watched video ever in the history of his work.

Ben Askrens interview with Ariel got 2.4 million views where as Masvidal's 643k.

Both impressive numbers but Askren does bring the attention and there's no doubt what so ever Askren brought Masvidal a LOT of attention from taking that fight with him, not just because of the knee either cause do you think if that knee happened to Kevin Lee it would have had the same attention, absolutely not.

Ben came over to London for the Masvidal and Till fight and wasn't even on the card yet was spoke about and got more attention than the dudes fighting in the main event.

Askren absolutely made Masvidal a lot more known due to all this and elevated him.

Oh and I like Masvidal too but let's not try create our own shit here either to support who we favour as it's evident as hell, Masvidal's a clever dude.

Back