Rumored Massive payouts to celeb investors while fighters make peanuts

wearetheromans

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/ufc-fighters-rage-over-low-pay-while-investors-reap-big-dividends/

As The Post reported earlier this month, roughly $300 million — the lion’s share of UFC’s $350 million cash reserve — is going to one-time dividend payments to the company’s star-studded list of investors, which includes actor and producer Mark Wahlberg, actress Charlize Theron and model Gisele Bündchen.

“I heard about Dana tipping a waitress $10,000 and that was my wage as a fighter,” said former UFC fighter Kyle Kingsbury. “I lived in my mom’s garage and I had two jobs when I was fighting in the UFC. I was a personal trainer and a bouncer [and] bartender in a strip club.”

<{danayeah}>

biggest news here is actually

After losing a bout to Conor “Irishman” McGregor in less than a minute in January, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone revealed that he didn’t get a dime more than the $200,000 he was promised in his contract.

conor's new nickname is "Irishman"

The investors in the company make more than the employees/contractors??

I'm fucking shocked!!!

After losing a bout to Conor “Irishman” McGregor in less than a minute in January, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone revealed that he didn’t get a dime more than the $200,000 he was promised in his contract.
So much about the "red panty night"... :D You gotta be smarter than that, Cowboy. If it's not in the contract, you won't get it. Sometimes even if it's written down it's not a guarantee. You gotta be more savvy than that, you are a fucking UFC veteran.

But we have to agree that most of the fighers don't have what it takes to negotiate and are not talented in the business side of fighting. That's why if you suck at deals yourself, you wanna Ali Abdelaziz as your manager or somebody like him.

I dont get the meaning in paying out dividends from cash reserves instead of profits? Can someone explain?

Imo that is a sure way to take any financial mobility away and getting close to a shut down. It damages the company mid to long term.

Just think about if the ppv model implodes completely because americans also dont like to get ripped of anymore and ESPN gets out of the contract. You have to have some liquidity for such events.

I'm fucking shocked!!!
Most companies/industries don't involve the worker/contractor also being the product.
Small minded parrot response by boss-lover?
I'm fucking shocked!

If true it wasn’t a red panty night, it was a brown boxer night for Cowboy because he shit himself all around.

Most companies/industries don't involve the worker/contractor also being the product.
I'm fucking shocked!
But this company does, and obviously so, has never lied about that, and shapes its business around it.

It is also well known that the worker/contractor in this exact profession gets a small percent of the actual net revenue.

This is common knowledge.

So again, I say...I'm fucking shocked!

So why was Cowboy setting there like a fucking bitch swallowing the nonsense Conor fed the media at the presser about Cowboy finally making bank because he deserved it?

Ultimate Crying ShamPeanutShit

Last edited:
I'm fucking shocked!

In most cases the workers make the product and that's still the case with the UFC.

It's supply and demand really, if fighters of sufficient quality are prepared to fight for the money in offer then that's on them really.

As much as from a competitive standpoint it sucks to see top quality fighters fighting outside the UFC, the only way UFC pay will increase significantly is if it happens enough that they can no longer realistically claim to have the majority of the best fighters in the world.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/ufc-fighters-rage-over-low-pay-while-investors-reap-big-dividends/

As The Post reported earlier this month, roughly $300 million — the lion’s share of UFC’s $350 million cash reserve — is going to one-time dividend payments to the company’s star-studded list of investors, which includes actor and producer Mark Wahlberg, actress Charlize Theron and model Gisele Bündchen.

“I heard about Dana tipping a waitress $10,000 and that was my wage as a fighter,” said former UFC fighter Kyle Kingsbury. “I lived in my mom’s garage and I had two jobs when I was fighting in the UFC. I was a personal trainer and a bouncer [and] bartender in a strip club.”

<{danayeah}>

Confirmed: UFC fighters get 50% off Reebok coupons!

1gd2iuj8y7g21.jpg

I'm fucking shocked!!!

Stop being such a shill

Nobody is saying the fighters should be making as much as dana or investors, but the numbers are completely ridiculous

<{danayeah}>

and the dirt poor continue to vote to support the system and its parasites.
trump continues to make tax cuts for the rich. awesome system.

Excellent news, the ingrate fighters should feel lucky the UFC is this generous to them.

Apparently Dana is proposing a plan to have fighters drafted in to the UFC Hotdog brander factory for some hard labour when fights aren't scheduled. Its a great idea so they can pay back the company

My impression was that the investors were told UFC would go public. And when that didn't happen they got their money back.

This thread just shows how little people know about companies.
Apple make billions every year and have cash reserves of over $100 bill.
They don't cut their prices or give employees massive pay rises but they do give dividends to investors. That's how things work.

Back