Massive KO by Philly Bouncer (turn sound on)

Last i heard all charges were dismissed by the court.

Seriously if you are that big, you have a responsibility to not abuse your sizes, specially when you sucker punch someone who wasn't even a threat. Fuck that bitch ass big guy

The guy who got hit was literally asking the bouncer to hit him on a bet. There were prizes for whoever won the bet and a clear downside for whoever lost. The bouncer agreed to the bet. Verbal contract. I wish the guy weren't stupid enough to make that bet but you can't save everyone who begs for someone to give them an ass-whooping. I don't like it but it wasn't unfair.

The guy who got hit was literally asking the bouncer to hit him on a bet. There were prizes for whoever won the bet and a clear downside for whoever lost. The bouncer agreed to the bet. Verbal contract. I wish the guy weren't stupid enough to make that bet but you can't save everyone who begs for someone to give them an ass-whooping. I don't like it but it wasn't unfair.

are you sure? typically, illegal behaviour (such as assault) can't form part of a legal contract.

I would have assumed this fell under some murky self-defense or stand-your-ground law where the defense argued provocation or imminent threat (LOL - as if)

are you sure? typically, illegal behaviour (such as assault) can't form part of a legal contract.

I would have assumed this fell under some murky self-defense or stand-your-ground law where the defense argued provocation or imminent threat (LOL - as if)

Grey area.
Asking someone to swing at you and placing bets is either legal or illegal (or somewhere inbetween-- it was more than legal 50 years ago and no new laws have been passed on it), but it was drafted and initiated by the guy in the grey so he would be the one to take the charges should there be any.

Also, I wasn't really talking concerning laws or the modern application of laws but the ethical side of it.

Grey area.
Asking someone to swing at you and placing bets is either legal or illegal (or somewhere inbetween-- it was more than legal 50 years ago and no new laws have been passed on it), but it was drafted and initiated by the guy in the grey so he would be the one to take the charges should there be any.

Also, I wasn't really talking concerning laws or the modern application of laws but the ethical side of it.

fair enough. even just 'ethically' though, I don't think drunk idiots who have been kicked out of bars by sober bouncers who are 2x their size should be held to any such 'contracts' though :D

Remember this?

The only difference is that the smaller guy in the OP was claiming he could dodge it, so it was MORE ethical than the bet in this vid. Were you guys on your moral crusades back then in Season 8 TUF?

An unfair punch to the face is nasty but it's fair if you sportingly asked someone to do it.

----
fair enough. even just 'ethically' though, I don't think drunk idiots who have been kicked out of bars by sober bouncers who are 2x their size should be held to any such 'contracts' though :D

Well, no one should should be held to any legal repercussions when someone places a bad bet for something they set up entirely, whether it backfires or not. If anyone has to pay for it legally, it should be the bet maker.

The Great Houdini had people punch him as hard as they could as part of his act. Where would the justice be if they got charged for hurting him? What if a magician like him drowned in their own "chained in a submersion tank" stunt? Should the audience be held liable for being complicit of the act? They literally paid money for it and put him in danger, you could say. We all know that wouldn't be fair.

The vid in the OP is pretty tame as far as everyday "tragedies" go.

Last edited:
Big dude drew an imaginary line in the sand and white guy crossed it. Welcome to CTE City.

Because he was trying to make a bet that if a bouncer tried to KO him with a punch, and missed, they would let him in the club.

First, that isn't a legal bet to make, and second, they swung on him when he was unsuspecting and not prepared for the bet challenge he was trying to negotiate. It was stone cold assault.

That bouncer definitely needs to spend a night in the clink.

Back