Massive Explosion in China, Early reports say 24 tons of TNT, Possibly More

Gotta love these worthless morons. She's actually laughing, and he's all "fuck yeah, whoooaaa" like it's a double rainbow. It's all fun and games when it was just the people 10 blocks away blowing up, but then once it could be them, they run like rats. Creeps

Hah! Harsh. I still think he was off his face...

"Fuck yeah it's a gas statio..."

"Yeah, we're dangerous"

Not sure if posted, but this video is the best i've seen. It was filmed by english speakers also

That is one of the craziest videos I've ever seen on the internet... jaw dropping.

What's crazy about this situation is all the hype one unarmed person can get but this barely gets any play.

Official death toll is now standing at 83, up from 50 less than 24 hours ago. Dozens of factory workers and firefighters are still unaccounted for. The number of wounded is at 700+, with over 100 in critical conditions. Expect the final death toll to be around 150 at the minimum. The area around the blast site has been evacuated, with a 3km exclusion zone due to fear of chemical contamination.

This is some serious shit. No doubt heads will roll soon.

Hah! Harsh. I still think he was off his face...

"Fuck yeah it's a gas statio..."

"Yeah, we're dangerous"

You do understand the girl says "dangerous" because her English is bad. She means "are we in danger?"

And the guy is in shock. Doesn't seem like they are laughing at all.

Maybe you all should rematch the video.

You do understand the girl says "dangerous" because her English is bad. She means "are we in danger?"

And the guy is in shock. Doesn't seem like they are laughing at all.

Maybe you all should rematch the video.

Yes, I'm talking about the guy.
He's the one that say's "yeah, we're dangerous" in reply.
He sounds slow and slightly incoherent.

The videos of that explosion are intense enough, I can't imagine what it must have been like to actually witness it firsthand and feel the shockwave. I'd probably need to change my pants after.

Every energy source we use is so dangerous that it can trigger chain reactions such as this. TNT, tons, tanks, gas, come on people time to design non lethal domino effect type energy. We need safe clean energy. I don't think our human race knows the danger of a massive domino effect in a large city due to everything being so close together.

Every energy source we use is so dangerous that it can trigger chain reactions such as this. TNT, tons, tanks, gas, come on people time to design non lethal domino effect type energy. We need safe clean energy. I don't think our human race knows the danger of a massive domino effect in a large city due to everything being so close together.

What do you think would be a likely domino?

Death toll has soared past 100 now, and looks like it will continue to climb for a few more days. I estimate around 150 as final tally. This shit is just horrific.

New, small explosions rocked a disaster zone in the Chinese port of Tianjin on Saturday as teams scrambled to clear dangerous chemical contamination and found several more bodies to bring the death toll to 104 in massive blasts earlier in the week.

Chinese businesses are not big on following safety regulations:

Two Chinese news outlets, including the state-run The Paper, reported that the warehouse was storing 700 tons of sodium cyanide — 70 times more than it should have been holding at one time — and that authorities were rushing to clean it up.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/china-explosions-death-toll-tops-100-1.3192328

well if china is saying over a 100 probably over 1000 dead.

well if china is saying over a 100 probably over 1000 dead.

Let's not exaggerate. That area was mostly industrial and the nearest residential area was nearly 1km away. Most of the dead were firefighters and port workers, and it occurred at night time which helped reduce casualties.

Type Tianjin into youtube. Those videos. Scary stuff.

I laughed at the dash cam video. The guy driving approaches his apartment complex. Sees a flash of light and slowly backs away. Feels the shockwave of the next explosion and reverses faster.

If i wasn't on my phone I would have embedded the videos.

Google map coordinates
39.040129, 117.736001

Definitely more than a 24 ton tnt explosion. Also most definitely a lot more than 50 dead.

Last edited:
Type Tianjin into youtube. Those videos. Scary stuff.

I laughed at the dash cam video. The guy driving approaches his apartment complex. Sees a flash of light and slowly backs away. Feels the shockwave of the next explosion and reverses faster.

If i wasn't on my phone I would have embedded the videos.

Google map coordinates
39.040129, 117.736001

Definitely more than a 24 ton tnt explosion. Also most definitely a lot more than 50 dead.

there is a thread already. last count i saw was like 115 dead, 700 or injured. no numbers on missing, most of which are likely dead. Did see something that said thousands homeless.

I watched the one where the guy was recording from his apartment and the glass broke, scary shit.

Latest death toll is 114 confirmed dead, with 95 missing including 85 firefighters (I don't think they'll ever find them). There are also 715 wounded, with more than 60 in critical conditions. Man it's even worse than my estimate from yesterday.

Back