Massive Explosion in China, Early reports say 24 tons of TNT, Possibly More

Sad hopefully far fewer people were hurt or died from the rush to escape. Natural gas is not to be messed with I have seen the aftermath of home explosions.

Dam that is terrible. It is crazy to think that that blast was only 2.4% or so of the atomic bomb that was dropped in Hiroshima.

I don't believe in karma...after some Chinaman took my legs from me in Vietnam they have yet to get their comeuppance

Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

I don't believe in karma...after some Chinaman took my legs from me in Vietnam they have yet to get their comeuppance

story needs expansion and context.

also preference for nic cage in story as well.

e9htjUm.jpg

Serious shockwave... Aiyo indeed.

Serious shockwave... Aiyo indeed.

I wonder if they'll release any information on if that guy survived or not. See what store it was and who was closing that night. I know it may be unlikely but people have survived crazy shit before..

I wonder if they'll release any information on if that guy survived or not. See what store it was and who was closing that night. I know it may be unlikely but people have survived crazy shit before..

Yeah... well, here's hoping. Always pulling for the underdog.

Some government official and business man are going to get executed for it.

Amazing that so few people seem to have been killed and hurt in such a ludicrously gigantic explosion in such a populated area.

It was a port/industrial area, so that probably kept the casualties lower than it could have been. Still hundreds are injured and two dozens are confirmed dead already. At least half of the dead were firefighters.

Last edited:
Everyone that was filming is either dead or dying. That was absolutely ludacris!

Just read about this now..
Crazy stuff. Just unreal. My first thought was actually, "Hoax! Looks like a movie."
My second was "espionage/sabotage operation."

Got over all of that quickly enough, but seriously, what could they have been keeping there that would cause such an explosion like that?
Just seems insane for that to happen.

Wow. Sherdog staying classy with the jokes about a massive tragedy.

Back