Crime Mass stabbing in OC, 4 dead

Please be thorough... IF used by a teenage mutant ninja turtle because they have been trained

Try taking that guy down with your gun the last thing you'll see before you die is a guy who's dedicated himself to efficiency, killing your entire crew

Try taking that guy down with your gun the last thing you'll see before you die is a guy who's dedicated himself to efficiency, killing your entire crew

Uber efficient. Ok I stand corrected. A well trained warrior such as the guy in the video is far more efficient than some joe with a rifle.

In effectiveness and efficiency

Definition of efficiency

1: the quality or degree of being efficient
2a: efficient operation
b(1): effective operation as measured by a comparison of production with cost (as in energy, time, and money)
(2): the ratio of the useful energy delivered by a dynamic system to the energy supplied to it

A gun is FAR more efficient than a knife. Takes much less energy and time to kill with a gun and much less amount of useful energy. Hard to argue with the definition staring you in the face

right. it costs more, weighs more, requires ammo (finite, also cost, and weight), mags, and etc. worse, the argument isn't even about A gun, but a shooter needing MULTIPLE rifles. there goes mobility.

vs.... 1 knife. no ammo, low weight, mobile, low cost.

gee, i wonder which is more EFFICIENT?

right. it costs more, weighs more, requires ammo (finite, also cost, and weight), mags, and etc. worse, the argument isn't even about A gun, but a shooter needing MULTIPLE guns. there goes mobility.

vs.... 1 knife. no ammo, low weight, mobile, low cost.

gee, i wonder which is more EFFICIENT?

lol so even with the definition you are staying the course huh? Where in that definition does it say anything about weight, mobility or accessories? Yes it is more efficient to OBTAIN a knife but not to USE one. There is a difference.

lol so even with the definition you are staying the course huh? Where in that definition does it say anything about weight, mobility or accessories? Yes it is more efficient to OBTAIN a knife but not to USE one. There is a difference.

lolz @ accessories. wtf are you talking about? USING a gun involves cost. ie: ammo. USING a knife involves... no cost, unless you're bashing it against something harder than the knife, like some kind of hulk moron.

the fact that a gun is just a paperweight without ammo/mags makes it pretty clear what's more efficient.

ermahgerhd

because efficiency and effectiveness are completely different criteria with completely different meanings.

and lolwut? you think modern soldiers don't carry knives? hahahahahaha
Not surprised you dodged my question, it seems to be a habit for you
in EFFECTIVENESS, yes. in EFFICIENCY, no. my god.

'my knife is out of ammo!' - said no one, ever.
You're still wrong, a firearm is still far more efficient in that it can kill more people with less effort.

lolz @ accessories. wtf are you talking about? USING a gun involves cost. ie: ammo. USING a knife involves... no cost, unless you're bashing it against something harder than the knife, like some kind of hulk moron.

the fact that a gun is just a paperweight without ammo/mags makes it pretty clear what's more efficient.

Knives are free? Good to know next time I need to chop some veggies.

You are what is called a gun nut... There are people like you and normal people who can at least agree on basic facts.

Here is the definition from the undisputed source of all definitions. Mirriam Webster

Definition of efficient

1: productive of desired effectsespecially : capable of producing desired results with little or no waste (as of time or materials)an efficient workerefficient machinery
2: being or involving the immediate agent in producing an effect the efficient action of heat in changing water to steam

Soooo, what is the desired affect we are after? Killing people (we can agree on this) so what is capable of producing desired results with little to no waste as in time or materials? In one hand we have a gun and the other we have a knife. You have 30 seconds to kill as many people as you can because that is the goal. Who wins?

You can talk about weight and cost and magazines and scopes but you can't deny the facts.

Anything besides the scenario above is bluster and gun nuttiness talking. Stick with the facts and you can't be wrong unless they are (alternative facts)

Not surprised you dodged my question, it seems to be a habit for you

You're still wrong, a firearm is still far more efficient in that it can kill more people with less effort.

lolz @ less effort. it requires ammo and expends ammo. literally more effort.

Knives are free? Good to know next time I need to chop some veggies.

You are what is called a gun nut... There are people like you and normal people who can at least agree on basic facts.

Here is the definition from the undisputed source of all definitions. Mirriam Webster

Definition of efficient

1: productive of desired effectsespecially : capable of producing desired results with little or no waste (as of time or materials)an efficient workerefficient machinery
2: being or involving the immediate agent in producing an effect the efficient action of heat in changing water to steam

Soooo, what is the desired affect we are after? Killing people (we can agree on this) so what is capable of producing desired results with little to no waste as in time or materials? In one hand we have a gun and the other we have a knife. You have 30 seconds to kill as many people as you can because that is the goal. Who wins?

You can talk about weight and cost and magazines and scopes but you can't deny the facts.

Anything besides the scenario above is bluster and gun nuttiness talking. Stick with the facts and you can't be wrong unless they are (alternative facts)

holy moved goalposts.

a knife is more efficient. it will provide a large (so large it's pretty much unquantifiable) number of stabs per knife. a gun is worthless without ammo and is only as useful as the ammo/etc provides. ie: 30 rounds per mag. there is waste and expenditure with one... and not the other. hurr. durr.

you (plural) keep insisting efficiency is effectiveness and keep making the subject about neither guns or knives - but scenarios. ie: 30 seconds to kill. this has little to nothing to do with efficiency, despite the insistence otherwise.

herp. derp.

edit: "You have 30 seconds to kill as many people as you can because that is the goal. Who wins?" this is asking which is more EFFECTIVE. not which is more EFFICIENT. ffs, you even posted a definition and STILL can't fathom it.

Last edited:
lolz @ less effort. it requires ammo and expends ammo. literally more effort.
Really? You think killing ten people with a gun takes more effort than killing them with a knife?

Really? You think killing ten people with a gun takes more effort than killing them with a knife?
You have to take into account the industry and manhours needed to make a gun vs making a knife.

if only this guy was born pre ww2, those innefficient boneheads on the manhattan project could've wiped out hiroshima without all that r&d no probs

... and still avoiding the question.

...are you blaming me for your own goalpost shiftings, or something? like it's my fault that you don't know what "efficiency" means?

sorry for "avoiding" the irrelevant question you're inexplicably fixated upon? don't try asking relevant questions, or anything. and definitely don't answer questions that you were previously asked while posting the above...

Back