International Mass shooting in Russia leads to gun control. Outcry. In US mass shooting is daily life

Unironically, guns don't kill people.

In America, we need people reform.

Russia has had gun control for a while

18 to buy, no rifles at that point, must be licensed to purchase anything, shotgun for two years then can apply for a 22lr rifle; “normal” rifles after some time and after 21, magazine capacity is limited to 10rounds, limit of IIRC 3 guns, NO pistols allowed; in fact they sell CO2 handguns and some people carry them for defense use.

“Sounds reasonable” fine, whatever; 2A exists here, and we’re infringed enough; get fucked

These laws make sense actually. Like seriously.

High powered hunting rifles can be used to snipe. It makes sense that you allow shotguns, shorter range rifles, flintstocks, pump actions etc before that then if you prove yourself you can get a hunting rifle once 5 years has passed. And handgun proliferation is responsible for a lot of mass shootings

He says in Soviet times tons of people had shotguns. You dont need much more for home defense and strong airpistols and gas guns are allowed.

I dont like limiting magazine capacity. But 3 guns seems reasonable unless you have special reason to have more

america and americans seem rather proud of their daily shootings.

dont take that away from them.

<JagsKiddingMe>

the name kalashnikov means nothing to you, i guess... so you have no idea how hard you derped.

You named one, and the gun is mostly exported and not sold domestically to the average Russian citizen. They aren't even allowed to own AKs. Hell, until recently (2014), handgun owners in Russia had to keep their handguns stored at a gun club.

Last edited:
Lol, what? Russia the #2 exporter of firearms. 20% of all manufacturing jobs in Russia are firearms.

You hit the nail on the head in your post: Exporter of guns. They aren't selling AKs to the average Russian citizen.

Again, there isn't an enormous gun industry lining the pockets of Russian politicians to fight any type of domestic gun control measures like in the U.S.

Gun control works so well in Chicago, Baltimore, and New York City, if only the rest of the country had such great gun laws.

It doesn't work so well when they can just drive an hour to Indiana or Wisconsin (or other neighboring states) and get guns easily. Gun control only works on the national level.

You named one, and the gun is mostly exported and not sold domestically to the average Russian citizen. They aren't even allowed to own AKs. Hell, until recently (2014), handgun owners in Russia had to keep their handguns stored at a gun club.

lolz @ telling me i named one after saying:

Russia doesn't have a massive gun industry with a lobbying arm to line the pockets of politicians.

<JagsKiddingMe>

and lolz @ trying to move your own goalposts (average russian citizen)... AND proving my point (they had gun bans and yet... this thread exists)

<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

2nd amendment is not a good counter argument. The world is vastly different today than it was when they wrote the constitution. No one actually knows what the founding fathers would have thought about it if they had assault rifles and people were shooting up villages in the 1770s. I mean back then you fired one semi accurate shot, maybe killing someone, and then spending the next 30-60seconds reloading. Today you can gun down like 10 people in that time. For all we know, they would think we were insane for letting people just walk around with this shit
First of all, that's a dumb argument and is like saying they didn't know there would be the internet
when they came up with the first amendment, so that's gotta go.

Citizens could own what law enforcement could, which was the point when they made it. And pretending it just didn't occur to them that there could ever be any advances in weapons to be the scary looking ones is equally ridiculous.

This was around during the revolutionary war and could fire 20 rounds in a single trigger pull.
iu

iu

iu

First of all, that's a dumb argument and is like saying they didn't know there would be the internet

Citizens could own what law enforcement could, which was the point when they made it. And pretending it just didn't occur to them that there could ever be any advances in weapons to be the scary looking ones is equally ridiculous.

This was around during the revolutionary war and could fire 20 rounds in a single trigger pull.
iu

iu

iu

They also had revolving rifles and pistols since like the 16th century. Before the industrial revolution if you wanted a advanced firearm you had to go find a master gunsmith, and have it custom made which cost a small fortune. That's why state militaries used muzzle loading muskets for well into the 19th century. It wasn't because the musket was trhe pinnacle of firearms technology at the time, but because it was the cheapest option to give their soldiers a acceptable level of utility on the battlefield.

Hans-Stopler-Revolver-660x300-660x300.png

Revolving pistol from like 1590s.

iu

Revolving rifle from early 1600s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/russia/523599-revise-gun-laws-kazan-shooting/amp/

""Tatyana Moskalkova, Russia's Human Rights Commissioner, proposed raising the age requirement for purchasing firearms to 21 years old, from the current limit of 18, except for those who have served in the army."

Meanwhile in "the greatest country ever"

There is a mass shooting everyday and no chance of anything being done.

And before people mention Russias autocratic nature. My point is that there society despite being autocratic seems to be normal enough to realize mass shootings shouldnt be a daily part of life or healthy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/16/us/mass-shootings-45-one-month/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/10/us/us-weekend-mass-shootings/index.html

Wait, so now the deranged lefties on here like Russia....Russia, Russia?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think the whole point of an autocratic nation is to deprive people of any means of resistance though.

Makes sense to take away guns from the youth considering that they've been acting somewhat rebellious against Putin's rule.

It doesn't work so well when they can just drive an hour to Indiana or Wisconsin (or other neighboring states) and get guns easily. Gun control only works on the national level.

Will it work just like banning drugs did, smart guy?

While they're at it maybe they should outlaw shootings and murder too. I think you are really on to something here.

I think the whole point of an autocratic nation is to deprive people of any means of resistance though.

Makes sense to take away guns from the youth considering that they've been acting somewhat rebellious against Putin's rule.

Youth? 21 year olds are still youth arent they

They also had revolving rifles and pistols since like the 16th century. Before the industrial revolution if you wanted a advanced firearm you had to go find a master gunsmith, and have it custom made which cost a small fortune. That's why state militaries used muzzle loading muskets for well into the 19th century. It wasn't because the musket was trhe pinnacle of firearms technology at the time, but because it was the cheapest option to give their soldiers a acceptable level of utility on the battlefield.

Hans-Stopler-Revolver-660x300-660x300.png

Revolving pistol from like 1590s.

iu

Revolving rifle from early 1600s

Woah. I didnt know that. Colt changed the game right making it mass available right? Mid 1800s?

iu

iu

iu
You gotta be fucking kidding me. You are the dumbest sob if you think those compare to a simple ar-15 found everywhere today.

So how come mass shootings weren't a problem until recently when we've always had the guns? Any gun controlls wanna answer?

I never thought Russians were such pussies. This can't be true?

Ah well, comrades must follow der manlet eader.

Back