mass program no spotter

I'm starting to enjoy seeing Star Trek Man (kirk isit?) and his WTF IS THIS SHIT...

what is with these damn threads lately? why would you post a BB.com routine on THIS forum of all places and ask for our opinion? post the routine on a damn BB forum and ask them since they might actually give a crap.

Ouch. He did apologize. I don't think you needed to be this harsh.

An apology and a hug is in order.

I'm starting to enjoy seeing Star Trek Man (kirk isit?) and his WTF IS THIS SHIT...

Dude, I'm a complete noob when it comes to ST and even I know it's Picard not Kirk. Go upgrade your nerd skills.

what is with these damn threads lately? why would you post a BB.com routine on THIS forum of all places and ask for our opinion? post the routine on a damn BB forum and ask them since they might actually give a crap.

calm down mate. I was doing some google searching and found that routine. Was planning on starting a workout Monday but thought I would ask some advice before I started something that was wrong.

Also I think the FAQ being so long and info being sporadically placed on this page and that. You will probably get a lot of people reading 2 or 3 pages and think that its not going to have info for their prob.

Dude, I'm a complete noob when it comes to ST and even I know it's Picard not Kirk. Go upgrade your nerd skills.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Masive self-p0wnage!
:icon_cry2

EXPOSED on sherdog for total lack of Star trek knowledge. He wud b saying 'what the fuck is this shit!' right now lolol.

Don't try and do that many different lifts in one day. Don't do any isolation exercizes. If you are not a body builder and you only lift a couple times a week, isolation exercizes are not the best use of your time. Stick to a few basic compound lifts. Since you haven't been lifting for over a year, you probably won't be using a lot of wieght. A full body work out should be ok for the first few weeks. You should split your days after you get back into the rythm of lifting.

Don't try and do that many different lifts in one day. Don't do any isolation exercizes. If you are not a body builder and you only lift a couple times a week, isolation exercizes are not the best use of your time. Stick to a few basic compound lifts. Since you haven't been lifting for over a year, you probably won't be using a lot of wieght. A full body work out should be ok for the first few weeks. You should split your days after you get back into the rythm of lifting.

K, thanks. I will probably ease into it for the first couple weeks with a fullbody workout but not too many.

From reading the FAQ:D I came across this routine but is meant for a 3 day workout.

The "original novice program", as written in Starting Strength, is as follows:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

If it looks good how should I modify it. I may be able to train 3 times some weeks but not on a regular basis.

K, thanks. I will probably ease into it for the first couple weeks with a fullbody workout but not too many.

From reading the FAQ:D I came across this routine but is meant for a 3 day workout.

The "original novice program", as written in Starting Strength, is as follows:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

If it looks good how should I modify it. I may be able to train 3 times some weeks but not on a regular basis.

That looks like a great workout. I would start with that.

I don't really get why that workout only recommends 1X5 for deadlifts. I would do 3x5. I would also throw some pull ups in there.

Something like this could work:

Day 1:
Squat
Rows
Bench

Day 2:
Deadlift/ Cleans
OHP
pullups

Or with the routine from starting strength just do it twice a week.

Normally it's meant to be A-B-A and so on, if you can only manage one A and one B, that's still great because it's working everything.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Masive self-p0wnage!
:icon_cry2

EXPOSED on sherdog for total lack of Star trek knowledge. He wud b saying 'what the fuck is this shit!' right now lolol.

Yeah, I sure showed you :icon_chee

stop teasing us
you wont train starting strength or bill starr because youre all WEL DATS NOT ENUF ECKSER SIZES I WONT GROW

trust me starting strength kicks the fuck out of your 9 sets of bicep curls and tricep extentions

Or with the routine from starting strength just do it twice a week.

Normally it's meant to be A-B-A and so on, if you can only manage one A and one B, that's still great because it's working everything.

Cool thanks I will go with that.I am worried about the squats/bench using max without a spotter. I read using the power rack with the pins as safety catches is the only good option. Any other ways in case its not available.

With squats, as long as you're in a rack, you shouldn't need a spotter at this point in your life. If you can't make it up, just dump it on the catches. That's what they're there for. And after awhile, you'll know where you're at on bench. I've gotten to where I'll have a spotter for my last set only (or last couple if I'm doin' doubles and triples), in case I've misjudged, but rarely do they ever touch the bar. If you can work it into the rack if no one's squattin', go for it.

Cool thanks I will go with that.I am worried about the squats/bench using max without a spotter. I read using the power rack with the pins as safety catches is the only good option. Any other ways in case its not available.

As far as bench, the only other option I can think of is dumbbell bench press, and if you're going for max weight you're likely to need a spotter to help you get the dumbbells into position -- the solution there is to use one dumbbell at a time and use both hands to lift it up and get it set.

As far as max effort back squats, you pretty much have to have a rack to get under the bar.

You can always go with the old standby, clean the bar up from the floor and then A. do front squats, or B. press the bar overhead, bring it down behind your neck and do back squats. Neither of those options will enable you to squat as much weight as if you were using a rack, though.

Back