mass program no spotter

BoneSnapper

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am starting up gym soon to put some size back on. I looked around for some good programs and found this one on BodyBuilding.com.
I want a full body workout as some weeks I may train more or less days.

I was wondering how best to work in these exercises at max weight with no spotter. Should I change the squat to something else?

SQUAT - 5-10 Reps
LUNGE - 5-10 Reps
STIFFLEG DEADLIFT - 5-10 Reps
FLAT BENCH - 5-10 Reps
INCLINE DB - 5-10 Reps
PULLDOWNS - 5-10 Reps
BB ROW - 5-10 Reps
SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS - 5-10 Reps
SIDE LATERAL RAISES - 5-10 Reps
SHRUGS - 5-10 Reps
BB CURL - 5-10 Reps
LYING BB TRICEP EXTENSIONS - 5-10 Reps
SEATED DB CURLS - 5-10 Reps

Baaaaaaaaaarf

You should change the squat to reverse curls. Who needs legs anyways?

I havnt tested the program yet. Just found it on the net. It is only one set using heavy weight. Do you have any suggestions?

other than baaaaaaaaaaaaaaf:icon_conf

You forgot the "r" in barf.

I havnt tested the program yet. Just found it on the net. It is only one set using heavy weight. Do you have any suggestions?

other than baaaaaaaaaaaaaaf:icon_conf

Unless you're a complete beginner, you can't really lift any appreciable weights in big compound lifts on the same day. Yeah powerlifters do it, but that's on a meet day and not their weekly routine. Try breaking the lifts up more. If you want a fullbody day then you might have to take out quite a few of the accessory lifts and just focus on the core lifts.

Maybe only deadlift one day and the next workout day do the squat instead. Those 2 lifts really beat you up and it'll be difficult to do them both on the same day with intensity.

hmm. so that is supposed to mean you are against fullbody workouts or single set workouts.

another one I saw

Full Squat - 8-12 Reps
Push Press - 6-10 Reps
Bent Row - 8-10 Reps
Flat Bench - 6-10 Reps
Deadlift - 8-10 Reps

BoneSnapper since everyone here is jerking you around I'll toss you a bone...ahaha bone!

Anyways go read the faq.

Read the Faq.

Read it again.

Think for a day or two. Then read it again.

and before you make another thread...

Read it again.

Well you could try any of them. Test out a fullbody workout for a few days and see how it goes. You might like it or you might find you can't stand it. But it's best not to overplan before you've even tested it out. Give it a sample period and adjust from there.

Unless you're a complete beginner, you can't really lift any appreciable weights in big compound lifts on the same day. Yeah powerlifters do it, but that's on a meet day and not their weekly routine. Try breaking the lifts up more. If you want a fullbody day then you might have to take out quite a few of the accessory lifts and just focus on the core lifts.

Maybe only deadlift one day and the next workout day do the squat instead. Those 2 lifts really beat you up and it'll be difficult to do them both on the same day with intensity.

Thanks for the advice. I have always worked out with split programs. I have not trained weights for a year and half as well.
I am thinking I may only be able to make it 2 times a week most weeks but sometimes three. So I dont want to split and then miss a body part for that week.

Read the Faq.

Read it again.

Read it again.

Maybe you should try reading it and find where it gives advise about fullbody workouts.

Maybe you should try reading it and find where it gives advise about fullbody workouts.

The three routines in the faq were not full body?

I am starting up gym soon to put some size back on. I looked around for some good programs and found this one on BodyBuilding.com.
I want a full body workout as some weeks I may train more or less days.

I was wondering how best to work in these exercises at max weight with no spotter. Should I change the squat to something else?

SQUAT - 5-10 Reps
LUNGE - 5-10 Reps
STIFFLEG DEADLIFT - 5-10 Reps
FLAT BENCH - 5-10 Reps
INCLINE DB - 5-10 Reps
PULLDOWNS - 5-10 Reps
BB ROW - 5-10 Reps
SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS - 5-10 Reps
SIDE LATERAL RAISES - 5-10 Reps
SHRUGS - 5-10 Reps
BB CURL - 5-10 Reps
LYING BB TRICEP EXTENSIONS - 5-10 Reps
SEATED DB CURLS - 5-10 Reps

picardkp2.jpg

Read the Faq.

Read it again.

Read it again.

Or maybe keep it really simple, read the sub-forum title. STRENGTH & POWER Discussion, not Bodybuilding Discussion

It's not even a bodybuilding routine. It's just a...err...something shitty.

Read the Faq.

Read it again.

Read it again.

I apologize. I just read the FAQ completely and it did have some good advice. I will do as you suggested and have a think about it.

what is with these damn threads lately? why would you post a BB.com routine on THIS forum of all places and ask for our opinion? post the routine on a damn BB forum and ask them since they might actually give a crap.

Back