Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
I've played 1 so much the mako stuff doesn't bother me anymore. I just stand at a distance place my vehicle in a position to go side to side and shoot the enemies from so far they can't do shit.

I actually don't mind the combat in 1 so much other than biotics are king in that game.
By the time you're fighting on the Citadel you're a fucking God.

By the time you're fighting on the Citadel you're a fucking God.

lol it's so true. I remember the last time I did all biotics and me and my team were literally just running through the citadel outside area throwing and pulling everyone all over the place it was insane.

I've played 1 so much the mako stuff doesn't bother me anymore. I just stand at a distance place my vehicle in a position to go side to side and shoot the enemies from so far they can't do shit.

I actually don't mind the combat in 1 so much other than biotics are king in that game.

I actually like the combat in 1 the best because being an Adept is godlike.

I actually like the combat in 1 the best because being an Adept is godlike.

I like the combat better in the other games overall but they did kind of ruin biotic powers. By the time you can use them the enemies die so fast without armor\shields it's almost pointless. Not sure what a proper balance would have been. Maybe limit the # of uses throughout a level or something.

They really fixed 3 with all the dlc. Props for that.
And I loved the multiplayer horde mode on 3 as well. Surprisingly deep and varied, gave me countless hours of fun. Hope that they include that.
I would also like to see improved gameplay for 1.
2 however is more or less perfect.

I just finished re-playing the first game and am now near the end of the second game and HOLY FUCK does the first game's combat NOT hold up.
Definitely the clunkiest of the trilogy.

I played Mass Effect 2 four times in a year after it was released.

I've avoided it since then because downloading the DLC from EA's servers, and not on Steam, is a royal pain in the ass and I didn't want to pay for it again since I originally had it on my old gaming PC.

Thankfully, with all the DLC included, this 'Remaster' is going to be awesome. I'm hoping its going to have all the upgrades to at least look as good as most games were a few years ago... also 4K/60FPS.

I'm jonesing for a new ME game. I played Andromeda through and didn't totally hate it, it was just a really big wasted opportunity.

Nice! One of my favorite game franchises. I even really liked Andromeda (played it about a year after release so the bugs were worked out.)
Typically Mass Effect threads turn into a bunch of people whining about the ending. OK, the ending sucked. We can all agree on that. Still, to me its one of the best gaming trilogies of all time. They fumbled the ending, but up until then we had a great trilogy. Who knows, maybe theres some sort of new ending in there. Theyre saying its not a reimagining, but an update of the games to make them more modern.
Better than fan groups:
"Fuck Ashley, MAGA space racist!"
"Didn't Mordin commit genocide? Twice?"
"That's different, nazi lover!"

So, about hope for the remasters
https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect...n-and-mark-darrah-have-resigned-from-bioware/
Mass Effect and Dragon Age heads Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah have resigned from BioWare
The departures leave BioWare without a general manager.

Bioware has been absolute mess ever since EA took over.

I doubt this will have a 'mass effect' on the ME remasters, but it will kill whatever faith left the community had the new ME and GA games would be decent.

So, about hope for the remasters
https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect...n-and-mark-darrah-have-resigned-from-bioware/
Mass Effect and Dragon Age heads Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah have resigned from BioWare
The departures leave BioWare without a general manager.
Whelp, that's depressing. Bioware is in even greater shambles, Eidos is attached to a publisher who didn't appreciate the last great rpg they made, and Bethesda has had its head up its own ass.

Hopefully the acquisition by MS turns that around and also leads to a great game by Obsidian, otherwise my hopes for continued quality western rpgs are all pinned on Larian and CDPR.

Last edited:
Its weird BOTH leave at the same time, AND 'effective immediately.'

Wouldn't be surprised if they got job offers from one of the Microsoft studios.

If Casey Hudson went over to Obsidian, that'd be a mind-fuck.

Cant wait to play this series. People seem to love it but goddamn was ME2 jank as hell. Played for an hour and a bit and couldnt enjoy it when it was free on PS plus. Maybe with a different mindset.

Cant wait to play this series. People seem to love it but goddamn was ME2 jank as hell. Played for an hour and a bit and couldnt enjoy it when it was free on PS plus. Maybe with a different mindset.

<{hfved}>

Look at the poll results.

There's a reason why ME2 is on many gamers lists for the best three games of the last decade.

For me, its...
1. Witcher 3
2. Mass Effect 2
3. The Last of Us.

I kind of know what you mean. Whenever I go back to playing it, it feels a bit weird. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but I think part of it is the movement and also the aiming. Both of which are important things lmao. I thought it played great back when it came out but it does feel clunky nowadays. I think ME3 plays a bit better but it also still feels kind of weird moving around. I think it has to do with the game being a cover-shooter so they focused on forward movement and rushing into cover instead of being out in the open shooting stuff while strafing and moving around.

Andromeda gets a lot of shit from the fans but it's the smoothest to play when it comes to combat.

I only played 3 but I loved it. I'll be getting this.

I kind of know what you mean. Whenever I go back to playing it, it feels a bit weird. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but I think part of it is the movement and also the aiming. Both of which are important things lmao. I thought it played great back when it came out but it does feel clunky nowadays. I think ME3 plays a bit better but it also still feels kind of weird moving around. I think it has to do with the game being a cover-shooter so they focused on forward movement and rushing into cover instead of being out in the open shooting stuff while strafing and moving around.

Andromeda gets a lot of shit from the fans but it's the smoothest to play when it comes to combat.
I bought Andromeda when it came out and quit after a few hours. I went back and replayed through recently. While it was better than I remember it still has lots of problems. Feels like a mediocre PS3 game.

Back