Mass Effect Andromeda **(Out March 21st)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the quests? How's the dialogue too?

It's hard to gauge the game because the early acceses is so limited, which is kind of meh.

Same with the dialogue, the salarian with the Indian accent cracks me up for reason being its an alien with an Indian accent.

I'd rather not shit up this thread but it looks like this page already had that happen. Two can play this game.

By far the worst VA I've ever heard in a game and I've played a lot of Eurojank rpgs in my day.

If one isn't interested in the game, cool. But the hyperbole is as strong as internet nerds can muster at this point.

What?! So we are not getting it on the 21st as well?

Algt0Pk.gif

How is the character customization?
The character customization is bad. Its a step back from Inquisition and even the Original trilogy. Its based on 9 presets (which determins the eyes, nose type, lip type and skin time). But you can only modify eye and nose position but not type from there.

Still if you spend some time you can come out with a good looking hypster.

The character customization is bad. Its a step back from Inquisition and even the Original trilogy. Its based on 9 presets (which determins the eyes, nose type, lip type and skin time). But you can only modify eye and nose position but not type from there.

Still if you spend some time you can come out with a good looking hypster.

Or ghost tranny

Downloading the trial at the moment and went to Reddit to see what people were thinking of the game so far. Gotta say I'm super disappointed about not being able to use tactical pauses, party member powers, and there being no cover or ducking mechanism. Not being able to control when or which powers your party members use is a massive step back. No cover is a big step back as well. I'm still going to play it since I'm getting it free but between the combat changes and the early previews bashing the story, dialog/dialog choices, and character models/behavior I'm not expecting much.

Downloading the trial at the moment and went to Reddit to see what people were thinking of the game so far. Gotta say I'm super disappointed about not being able to use tactical pauses, party member powers, and there being no cover or ducking mechanism. Not being able to control when or which powers your party members use is a massive step back. No cover is a big step back as well. I'm still going to play it since I'm getting it free but between the combat changes and the early previews bashing the story, dialog/dialog choices, and character models/behavior I'm not expecting much.

There is a cover mechanic but its all auto but kinda sucks, Yeah no tactical pauses hurts for sure you are are the first person i have seen bring that up. If there are I missed it but I actually used it in the mass effect games good point

Lots of varying opinions thus far many negative, many postiive. Wonder if it's just Bioware bashing cause they are with EA and also dat ending.. to ME3.

Minius impressions seems biased but he did mention a few pro and cons for Andromeda. Nothing game breaking. I am skeptical this wins game of the year from what I have heard. But is it going to be a great game? I believe so.

THis is actually the first Ive heard of no pauses and not being in control of party members powers. Thats the only thing Ive heard so far that gives me legitimate reservations.

EDIT: I did a little googling and it seems like all of these things are in the game, exception to controlling party members powers which I cant confirm or deny

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/07/mass-effect-andromeda-gameplay-details-info-dump-f/
-Powers are instead hotkeyed for quick use, no longer pausing to bring up a wheel and aim (you can still pause the combat but it’s not how BioWare intends combat to function)
-Dynamic cover system (ala TLOU)
-Still a cover based shooter with a goal to get the player moving around the battlefield more
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...play-details-info-dump-f/#r5fDpVu6Sw84LzJJ.99

This vid shows them using the pause and tactical wheel a few times.

Are people on reddit really complaining that these things don't exist?

Last edited:

Ok now this is the first legitimate complaint I've seen that has me worried now. No tactical pause? WTF? Can't control party member's powers anymore? Wow now I'm worried.

THis is actually the first Ive heard of no pauses and not being in control of party members powers. Thats the only thing Ive heard so far that gives me legitimate reservations.

EDIT: I did a little googling and it seems like all of these things are in the game, exception to controlling party members powers which I cant confirm or deny

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/07/mass-effect-andromeda-gameplay-details-info-dump-f/

This vid shows them using the pause and tactical wheel a few times.

Are people on reddit really complaining that these things don't exist?

Wait so there is a tactical pause they just don't want you to use it or not much anyways? This is why I can't trust what people say I just need to play the game myself.

Just a heads up. I ordered this but looks like the keys wont be available until after the game releases or something like that. Basically you might end up waiting until the 23rd is what I read on reddit. I canceled my order and got it straight from Origin.

Last edited:
DAI felt like a single player MMO to me, I just stopped caring about it after a while. I was a huge DAO fan and I even enjoyed DA2, despite the poor level design. Like New Vegas, I think I was more forgiving of its short comings because I knew it was rushed.

How was the ending to DAI? Did the story pick up?

Yea it does kind of feel like an MMO at times but I enjoy MMO's just don't have the time for them anymore. In fact the last time I played WOW I just leveled up all the way doing all the quest and then sold my characters and stopped playing. The story was really good to me with a pretty big twist at the end. Haven't played the DLC which is supposed to wrap everything up.

The dev confirmed that at release there won’t be any fixes or changes for the character creator, but also confirmed that the team are looking at options for the future patch. One of the biggest issues with the game which has been widely criticized by early players has been the awful animations. The animations which look even worse than those that were in Mass Effect 1 10 years ago will also not be fixed at launch. The dev confirmed that at day one animations won’t be changed, but hasn’t ruled out them being fixed in the future. He also assumed that one of the more embarrassing issues which is Peebee’s backwards gun (You can see that and more here!) will also not be fixed at day one either.

http://thisgengaming.com/2017/03/17...e-playing-with-day-one-patch-rules-out-fixes/

i think im gonna hold off for a little bit. That is not good at all, they need to work on they're quality control big time. i'm a huge fan of mass effect but wtf are they doing

I've noticed some pretty hilarious bugs, but I'll still play. I've played worse games. I still play Division, after all. lol

From what I gather, the game is huge. Akin to Bethesdas Elder Scroll games and Skyrim. All the bugs and stuff I hear about seem to be reminiscent of their releases. I figure theres just something about a sprawling open world that makes big squashing notoriously difficult.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns about this game. But people are really up in arms over facial animations in a Bioware game? I've been replaying the trilogy in anticipation and ALL of these games have awkward animations.

It'd be awesome if Bioware suddenly became great at animating faces perfectly, but it's just not them.

I'm also tired of all the complaints about Bioware "pandering" to LBGT or minority players. It's not like some character is asking you to run into the space restroom for a quick blow or anything. Fans of Bioware games probably cover a pretty wide demographic of people, god forbid they try to include some things those players can relate to. It reminds me of when people were pissed the main protagonist of GTA San Andreas was black. Bunch of whining babies.

Bioware has always been an SJW developer. Since the 90s. Anyone complaining about diversity in a Bioware game is an idiot.

Is the character creator that bad? Haven't watched any videos yet due to possible spoilers.

I'd rather not shit up this thread but it looks like this page already had that happen. Two can play this game.

By far the worst VA I've ever heard in a game and I've played a lot of Eurojank rpgs in my day.

If one isn't interested in the game, cool. But the hyperbole is as strong as internet nerds can muster at this point.

LOL that scene was fucking retarded. Horizons still a stellar game.

I'm going to wait till the actual reviews come out Monday till I really fret but I can't lie the impressions have got me worried.

I'm not worried about the technical side, it's bio ware it's going to be junky but I've liked every single game they've made so I'm giving them a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back