Masato vs Petrosyan NYE 2009

Who wins?

• Total voters

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Petrosyan did not brake his hand and Masato fought Petrosyan in 2009, who would win?

Masato has trouble with southpaws with good boxing. He fought that Thailand amateur boxing champion and got his ass kicked, but Masato was green back then.

I think its a close fight and since the fight takes place in Japan, Masato would win.

k1_091026k1max-11-petrosyan-masato.jpg

Petrosyan would have outclassed Masato.

They'd give it a draw after 5 with Petrosyan winning it in the 2nd extension round, despite winning every round.

Still would have been a great matchup to see. Masato is too hitable however, while Petro is not.

Petrosyan too slick especially back then. Masato wouldn't of had a chance whether the judges gave it to him or not.

I dont think Petrosyan fought anyone as good as Masato at the time. He fought Buakaw who got a draw, and we all know a fresh Masato murks Buakaw under K-1 rules.

He fought Buakaw who got a draw, and we all know a fresh Masato murks Buakaw under K-1 rules.

is this sarcasm? Buakaw went in with a horrible gameplan the second time but murks Masato 8/10 times.

is this sarcasm? Buakaw went in with a horrible gameplan the second time but murks Masato 8/10 times.
Masato had a harder route the first fight.

Buakaw has stylistic weakness. Kalakoda, who is basically a boxer, went a draw with Buakaw (I thought Buakaw won, but Kalakoda had little kickboxing experience), and then a split decision with Buakaw.

Masato used Kalakoda's strategy, he jumped in with his jab to close the distance so Buakaw cant kick to body, and used the uppercuts inside. Buakaw likes to push with his left arm to create distance and Masato used uppercuts. K-1 only lets you use 1 knee so Buakaw was at disadvantage, but Masato took advantage of it.

I dont think Petrosyan fought anyone as good as Masato at the time. He fought Buakaw who got a draw, and we all know a fresh Masato murks Buakaw under K-1 rules.

Petrosyan fought Buakao under modified muaythai rules and under Miuaythai scoring no way was it a draw, should have been a clear win to Buakaw

masato 150%.....and we all know why.impossible not to judge a fighter no matter how good he is,when you have a promotion build around him.

petro didn't win that fight with buakaw .he still thinks he was literally robbed but he also think that Nasa are a bunch of idiots because "they went to mars to search of water and we have plenty here" so...

Petrosyan fought Buakao under modified muaythai rules and under Miuaythai scoring no way was it a draw, should have been a clear win to Buakaw

What were the rules for that one? Cause it played out like a kickboxing fight almost but they had the thai music playing. Buakaw seemed confused about the clinch rules cause he seemed very passive there from memory.

it was modified Muaythai rules , it was in Sweden, which didn't allow elbows.

masato 150%.....and we all know why.impossible not to judge a fighter no matter how good he is,when you have a promotion build around him.

petro didn't win that fight with buakaw .he still thinks he was literally robbed but he also think that Nasa are a bunch of idiots because "they went to mars to search of water and we have plenty here" so...
sounds like logic to me. why spend billions in search of life somewhere else, when alot of life on earth is still miserable

priorities

sounds like logic to me. why spend billions in search of life somewhere else, when alot of life on earth is still miserable

priorities
As if that money otherwise gets handed out to the people LOL...

I'd rather they spend money on rocket ships than rockets.

As if that money otherwise gets handed out to the people LOL...

I'd rather they spend money on rocket ships than rockets.
no, not handed out. but nasa is government funded and the tax payer indirectly pays for that. money could be spent on other things than spotting water on mars, i take it that that was what petro meant

Giorgio Petrosyan would win it via a decision, but I'm sure there would have been some extra rounds thrown in.

sounds like logic to me. why spend billions in search of life somewhere else, when alot of life on earth is still miserable priorities

they didn't go to mars in search for water and it costed 300 millions,a lot less than any random flop movie hollywood produces that bombs every year....
a lot less than those 2 trillions dollars usa spent on war...yeah logic.

Back