MASARU Rash Guard and Victor Estimas armpits!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Daihlo, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Daihlo

Daihlo Orange Belt

New company making waves at the moment on the BJJ scene is MASARU
    ( Masaru Fight Co. | Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) | Home )

They sent me a rash guard to review, so I gave it the treatment and put pen to paper (fingers to keyboard!)

Every now and again you pick up a piece of training gear that is 'just right'. It doesn't seem to happen all that often, and you may go through loads of inferior products before you find the right one.

For a grappler, the right rash guard can make all the difference. Wear a bad one, and you may as well just stick with an old t-shirt. Get the right one, and it somehow can 'inspire' you to train that bit more professionally!
    (statement not based on scientific studies...)

Recently I was working with Victor Estima and he invited me to smell his arm pits while wearing his new Masaru rash guard.
    This was not some new cutting edge BJJ training technique, or some bizzare initiation to his nice new gym (Gracie Barra Midlands | home) but an attempt to demonstrate the anti-bacterial properties of his new rash guard!

Everything inside me wanted to politely refuse. I roll around with guys for a large percentage of my waking hours, but being a married man, I have to draw the line somewhere...

But, due to the way Victor 'presented' this offer and the excited childlike look on his face, I didn't feel i could refuse, for fear that he may be disappointed as a child might be at Christmas when opening the present only to find they didn't get their favorite toy...
    At that moment, I slowly moved in to inhale the essence of 'eau de Estima', when Victor told me he was testing the rash guard out and hadn't washed it for a number of training sessions!
    At which point I had already initiated my nostrils in drawing in what should have been an extremely smelly armpit odor but was pleasantly surprised to find that it smelt almost as new!

That's right. I took a wiff of Victors armpits - post training - and kinda enjoyed it...!

FULL REVIEW HERE!

2. otnemeM

otnemeM Blue Belt

LOL

Great stuff man.

I also have a new Masaru rashie and wore it for the first time yesterday. It's quite awesome, tho I have to say I only had experience with el cheapo surf rashies.

3. nicename

nicename White Belt

wahaha,really funny way of writing a review!thanks l enjoyed reading it :D

4. couzo

couzo Blue Belt

How are you finding the stitching? I love the material but it seems quite weak to hold the stitching well.

5. otnemeM

otnemeM Blue Belt

So far so good on this end. Reviewed it in my blog (link below).