Masakazu "Ashikan Judan" Imanari

lildog

A Warrior's Heart
@red
Reaction score
This guy looked amazing in the 2 most recent fights ive seen him in. Does anyone know his combat art background (i know its probably grappling, but what type?)

It seems like if the guy gets a hold of your leg/ankle/foot its over, even for BJJ black belts.

Who would you guys pick in a grappling match at 155lbs

Imanari vs. Curran (this match at 145)
Imanari vs. Penn
Imanari vs. Sherk

Well... I really enjoyed seeing his face smash into hell boy's knee and bounce like a quarter off Vida Guerra's ass

No full fight linking please.

This guy looked amazing in the 2 most recent fights ive seen him in. Does anyone know his combat art background (i know its probably grappling, but what type?)

It seems like if the guy gets a hold of your leg/ankle/foot its over, even for BJJ black belts.

Who would you guys pick in a grappling match at 155lbs

Imanari vs. Curran (this match at 145)
Imanari vs. Penn
Imanari vs. Sherk
Imanari is all over the place really. His background really can't be singled to one form of grappling.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrs8RL9FoBg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrs8RL9FoBg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Imanari is all over the place really. His background really can't be singled to one form of grappling.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrs8RL9FoBg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mrs8RL9FoBg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

thanks for the insight, any thoughts on the matchups?

Who would you guys pick in a grappling match at 155lbs:

Imanari vs. Curran----- Imanari
Imanari vs. Penn------- Penn
Imanari vs. Sherk------ Sherk

Imanari is sick, and i plan on buying his dvd tonight now that you reminded me.

Vs Curran Imanari
Vs Penn Penn
Vs Sherk Imanari if he gets a hold off his leg before the time limit, or Sherk by decision

Not really. Before Hansen nearly detached his jaw from his face, he had to defend leg locks from Imanari and he was able to do so successfully.

Well... I really enjoyed seeing his face smash into hell boy's knee and bounce like a quarter off Vida Guerra's ass

hansen-imanari_2.gif

Not really. Before Hansen nearly detached his jaw from his face, he had to defend leg locks from Imanari and he was able to do so successfully.

hansen-imanari_2.gif

Nice gif ;)

Imanari did catch Hansen in a vicious heel hook though, but didn't apply it full force which gave Hansen just enough time/room to roll and pull out.

Imanari was being much too nice to Hansen...

hansen-imanari_2.gif

Yes. This was the day the leg defeated the Imanari. Karma hurts.

i thought Imanari was one of Japan's few (forgot number, 25?) BJJ black belts

I always thought his background was shoot wrestling. I guess not.

Actually heard I rumor that he recently starting training under a famous ninjitsu master.

Actually heard I rumor that he recently starting training under a famous ninjitsu master.

That'd be so cool if were true. Shoot-wrestling incorporates so much athleticism, dynamic motion and rolling that I could see it being relevant just for that.

Imanari is a cool guy.

if imanari would just work on his striking he would be a beast!

Any more thoughts on how he would do in a grappling match against

Curran
Sherk
Penn

imanari is dangerous in mma cus he is unpredictable.. In a straight grappling match he tends to be OBVIOUSLY obsessed with leglocks which makes him easier to fight.

imanari is dangerous in mma cus he is unpredictable.. In a straight grappling match he tends to be OBVIOUSLY obsessed with leglocks which makes him easier to fight.

He does great in no-gi grappling so long as the rules don't favor positioning points over submission attempts. In no-gi grappling, especially Contenders, Combat Wrestling and Kingdom he's had a great career. Only Sato and Yoshida have subbed him. And both happened a while ago.

Back