Mas and Kamaru will stand and trade the entire time

This is what I honestly believe.

One thing about Usman is that he is an emotional, spiteful dude who will take matters into his own hands to send s message.

We saw it in his fight with Colby which ended up being incredibly entertaining and also more recently vs Burns.

Especially when you consider how his striking has improved a bit lately and his last fight he basically won with that power jab , I think Usman and Mas stand and trade the entire time folks. Will be a phenomenal fight.

In before "you jinxed it bro" ..

You are wrong!
He boxed with Colby because both have kind of the same grappling level.
Same with Burns.

Masvidal is just a much better boxer than him. He will hug,he will sniff that crouch.
Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right and we will see an entertaining fight.

I honestly think that Mas hurt Usman in the first fight which made Usman go right to grappling and control.. Usman I like what he's been doing recently, but if he starts losing the standup battle vs Mas, he's taking him right down and making it the same fight.. I would love to see an awesome KO where they both laid everything out there, but the reality is this fight will be closer to how the first fight played out, I guess we'll see on Saturday, If Usman gets a KO/TKO finish against MAS.. it's time to start injecting him into the WW Goat Conversation... GSP had trouble getting finishes as a champion, basically just controlled people like what Usman did during his earlier streak and previous fights before winning the Belt.. He's changed his style up as champion, which was a very smart decision..

I've slowly became more and more of a Usman believer, but it would be cool to see Masvidal hold up the strap. I doubt it happens tho

Sure, until he gets tagged and realises he’s facing a much better striker than him. Then it’ll be back to the usual lay n pray/wall n stall & footstomp tactics.

That'll entirely depend if Mas stuff the takedowns or the clinches

He will strike in the 4th and 5th round when he will have a cardio advantage

Lmao no Usman is just playing mind games . Like an inverted version of what Cormier did when he said he was just going to wrestle during the build up to Cornier vs Stipe III

Last edited:
He seems a bit petty i'll give you that, but i certainly doubt he actually tries to do that for longer, Burns was close to sealing the deal...

I think Usman stands with him for a round or two then wrestles him and gets the tko win via gnp, he's pissed at his performance last time they fought

Usman s striking has improved but I dont think it's in his DNA to stand and trade with the very savvy boxer in Masvidal. Usman is a 4-1 favorite because his physicalities , size and strength( wrestling " should" still be too much for maz.

I saw one of the posters for ppv and they have Jorges bicep the size of Dewayne Johnson. Lol.

I wasn't really interested in this re match but I'm starting gain a little interest. Only because it seems " seems" that Marty thinks the result is a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
If Usman is smart, both for his legacy and securing his win in this fight. He'll wrestlefuck grind Jorge for two rounds to sap all the power.

Then 3rd round he'll be at distance using that good jab of his and hard cross going for the knockout for the rest of the fight.

Jorge's going to surprise a lot of people. Not saying he's going to win but I wouldn't be all that surprised if he did. This will be a very different fight imho.
It Will, Mas for me is the best Fighter between them, the difference relies on the size of both . Usman is a perfect MW Mas is a very normal/small WW

One thing about Usman is that he is an emotional, spiteful dude who will take matters into his own hands to send s message.

We saw it in his fight with Colby which ended up being incredibly entertaining and also more recently vs Burns.

Especially when you consider how his striking has improved a bit lately and his last fight he basically won with that power jab , I think Usman and Mas stand and trade the entire time folks. Will be a phenomenal fight.

Ur A.V makes me not believe you ..

Unless you lost a bet...did you?

If not... Then you dont know enough about combat sports to make such a prediction ..considering you chose to have that joke as your A.V... embarrassing

Sorta hope you are right.

Usman v Covington saw the Champ lay brutal body work against the cage, and if you call this "standing" Yes we might see a lot of it...

But Usman is smarter than he is emotional in my opinion and if things don't go his way, he is smart enough to have a Plan B & C. He will take it to the mat if he feels like he needs to in order to win...

Masvidal can crack and I think we will see him try some kicks to the body early because of exactly what you are predicting... Usman wanting to stand and show he can beat Masvidal that way... If Mas can wound him during that early time, we may have a much more entertaining fight that previously expected.

Usman was striking colby cause he was afraid of colbys wrestling masvidal Will get dominated as he did First Time then colby is getting the his title

Usman was striking colby cause he was afraid of colbys wrestling masvidal Will get dominated as he did First Time then colby is getting the his title

LOL @ Usman being afraid of Colby's wrestling. Colby got taken down multiple times by RDA, who couldn't even move Usman in the clinch.

He stood with Colby because he (correctly) assumed that he could beat him that way.

This logic should’ve applied to the first fight but Usman was avoiding the standup like the plague

Back