Maryna Voroz vs Malerie Letourneau

DyslexicDave

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With a win here, does anbody else think that the Iron Lady gets the next shot at the SW Title? She's ranked 8 but realistically she really is probably next in line after Gadelha. Just looking at who the UFC has ranked ahead of her

1. Gadelha (guaranteed rematch with JJ)
2. Carla (got crushed by JJ and has no schedule fight in the future)
3. Rose (should not be ranked this high or even in the top 10)
4. Penne (just got obliterated and has no scheduled fight)
5. Tecia (only other person aside of Moroz that makes sense at this point)
6. Randa (not nearly active enough)
7. Paige (not ready, and highly doubt that the UFC would throw her to the wolves in JJ/Gadelha)

I've seen some people suggest this (giving Moroz a title shot if she wins vs Letourneau) (since Jedrzeczyk wants to fight before the end of the year apparently and Claudia is out until next year) and it's an awful idea. It would be case of retarded fan hype derailing a fighter before she'd even had a chance to establish herself.

But if she does something like thrash Letourneau and KTFO her in under 2 mins I guess I'd be OK with it

Dont sleep on Letourneo, trains at ATT and might be more well rounded, if her weight cut is good then it should be a good fight. Also if the UFC is smart they should make Tecia vs Randa very soon and winner can get a TS

I've seen some people suggest this (giving Moroz a title shot if she wins vs Letorneau) (since Jedrzeczyk wants to fight before the end of the year apparently and Claudia is out until next year) and it's an awful idea. It would be case of retarded fan hype derailing a fighter before she'd even had a chance to establish herself.

But if she thrashes Letorneau and KTFO's her in under 2 mins I guess I'd be OK with it

The same can be said for any of the girls in the top 10 aside from Gadelha. Lets say that Gadelha is out until next year as you have mentioned, then who would be the logical choice for the next title shot? Only one that comes to mind is either Tecia or Maryna

She should fight Tecia. Rose is ranked that high because of her TUF wins.

lol who the F is malerie. wmma, no one noticed

anyone else want to see calderwood get the title shot?

anyone else want to see calderwood get the title shot?

Hell no.

Moroz just arm barred her in under 90 seconds.

Tecia vs. Moroz makes sense.

And how the hell is Rose ranked ahead of Torres is Tecia beat her?

With a win here, does anbody else think that the Iron Lady gets the next shot at the SW Title? She's ranked 8 but realistically she really is probably next in line after Gadelha. Just looking at who the UFC has ranked ahead of her

1. Gadelha (guaranteed rematch with JJ)
2. Carla (got crushed by JJ and has no schedule fight in the future)
3. Rose (should not be ranked this high or even in the top 10)
4. Penne (just got obliterated and has no scheduled fight)
5. Tecia (only other person aside of Moroz that makes sense at this point)
6. Randa (not nearly active enough)
7. Paige (not ready, and highly doubt that the UFC would throw her to the wolves in JJ/Gadelha)

I think you mean Maryna Moroz vs. Valerie Letourneau.

As for the TS.
Torres or Moroz if she wins in an effective way, and March/April JJvsCG

I'm not sure about Moroz just yet, other than that she's hot when made up. Jo Jo clearly went into that fight without any expectation of winning and was probably overrated to begin with.

I'm not sure about Moroz just yet, other than that she's hot when made up. Jo Jo clearly went into that fight without any expectation of winning and was probably overrated to begin with.

From what we've seen it's Jojo that's clearly overrated

I think Randa Markos might give JJ her best fight of those currently ranked in the top ten in the UFC (Randa's rank is #6). leaving out those who are injured--like Claudia--or otherwise have reasons not to be considered to be up for the next fight.

I would expect that Joanna would bloody up Randa's face, just as she did to Jessica Penne, and just as Justine Kish did to Randa previously, but that beating by Kish showed that Randa may have the best chin in the division. Randa kept going, got full mount on Justine in the 3rd round, and nearly finished her with an armbar.

Randa seems to me to be better at achieving full mount on her opponents than any fighter in the division. I favor JJ to beat her, but I also expect Randa has the potential to get JJ to the ground in the course of 5 rounds.

Last edited:
Back