Maryna Moroz Haters - Back Off!

Maryna had a difficult fight on Saturday but still came through with the W, taking her to 8-1 with 7 inside the distance.

She is still only 24 and has recently changed camps and moved to the USA, and her opponent for this fight, Danielle Taylor, was swapped in on 8 days' notice for Justine Kish, who is a 5'5" high level Muay Thai fighter with a 64" reach. Taylor was a totally different challenge physically and technique wise and packs a heavy punch, she was on a 2 fight TKO streak coming into this fight.

Maryna has achieved a great deal to get to this point and with the new country, new camp and totally different opponent at short notice, ok it made the fight awkward, ok it wasn't especially aesthetically pleasing, but she would have been a fool to take any unnecessary chances on this one and she did a good job in holding the centre of the octagon, keeping her foe at bay, controlling the spacing and timing and steadily adjusted and found her range, as the fight went by she started to rack up more and more damage on Taylor and deservedly got the win. It was a solid performance and weird haters should deal with it. Iron Lady is moving up the ranks and has the belt in her sights.

She looks like a large flightless bird.

You know a poster can't be taken seriously re:WMMA when they end their post with a few pretty but completely irrelevant photos.

I love women's MMA as much as anyone here, but that fight was inexcusably awful.

calm down yellow card, Thanks

I don't hate her, she just had an embarrassingly bad fight. I would still eat her ass.
thatssotrue_1765_1330116955.gif

For those who didn't see the fight, just stare at this photo for 15 minutes.

maryna-moroz-danielle-taylor-ufc-fight-night-92-2.jpg

Okay, now you've seen the fight.

She's kinda cute but her last fight was fucking horrendous

Back off or what? You'll punch the air next to me and scream DURH every single time?

The more I read about this fight, the more I'm happy I didn't see it.

So Gonzaga vs Erokhin is still the worst fight I've ever seen.

I like Maryna and I always look forward to her fights. I missed this one because we were watching a movie and eating dinner. I don't know if I'll go back and watch it because it sounds like it was an awful fight. But she's young and has lots of time to grow and improve. I definitely look forward to her next one and wish her the best.

She one of those little kids that fought last event? The shadowboxing exhibition with the black girl?

Back