Maryna Moroz Haters - Back Off!

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maryna had a difficult fight on Saturday but still came through with the W, taking her to 8-1 with 7 inside the distance.

She is still only 24 and has recently changed camps and moved to the USA, and her opponent for this fight, Danielle Taylor, was swapped in on 8 days' notice for Justine Kish, who is a 5'5" high level Muay Thai fighter with a 64" reach. Taylor was a totally different challenge physically and technique wise and packs a heavy punch, she was on a 2 fight TKO streak coming into this fight.

Maryna has achieved a great deal to get to this point and with the new country, new camp and totally different opponent at short notice, ok it made the fight awkward, ok it wasn't especially aesthetically pleasing, but she would have been a fool to take any unnecessary chances on this one and she did a good job in holding the centre of the octagon, keeping her foe at bay, controlling the spacing and timing and steadily adjusted and found her range, as the fight went by she started to rack up more and more damage on Taylor and deservedly got the win. It was a solid performance and weird haters should deal with it. Iron Lady is moving up the ranks and has the belt in her sights.

Last edited:
I don't hate her, she just had an embarrassingly bad fight. I would still eat her ass.

It's funny how most wmma fans only give a shit about the women because they find them attractive.

There is no excuse landing 6% of strikes to your opponent, even on short notice. She is supposed to be a professional

she looks poor....fix the fucking garage door for Christs sake.

SIX percent striking accuracy in that fight. Shit was a snore-fest GTFO

tumblr_mkqgnzryK21r3gb3zo1_400.gif

If that was a "solid performance" you have incredibly low standards.

Lmfao @ "controlling the spacing and timing and steadily adjusted and found her range"

Neither girl do controlled the spacing, both of their timing was absolutely dogshit outside that overhand by the short one in the furs and a couple from Moroz

Absolutely no adjustments were in that fight, was ur dick out for Moroz while watching?

Neither found the range consistently, 95℅ of that fight was

>Moroz flicks teh jab 3-5 times, misses, doesn't set or follow up, stays in the same position before throwing
>Short girl goes for telegraphed overhand
>Moroz lands few counters
>patty caking the air
>Rinse and repeat

Looks like Concrete Whale found his Randa.

That was one of the worst fights I've ever seen. It was WMMA's Shamrock/Severn 2.

CW, I can only forgive this because of your Rousey work...

She's a cutie but 6% striking is still way past mediocre. You're a pro fighter gosh darn it!

fwiw, i scored it 29-28 Taylor.

First round Taylor (She outstruke Moroz 9 to 5
Second round pretty even, Taylor hurt her.. If I had to edge the round, possibly Taylor for hurting Moroz
Third round could go either way, Moroz outstruck Taylor 8 to 4, but Taylor got the takedown.

The judges got it wrong though. You can go on about octagon control, aggression etc, but they only count AFTER effective striking and grappling are scored.

If you look at the stats, the first round 100% belonged to Taylor based on "effective striking", the second round probably Moroz because striking is equal so "octagon control" can come into play, although it could be argued that because Taylor hurt her then her striking was more effective.. Third round, its a toss up between the extra four strikes v a takedown.

bf4a821a88c740d4a2e7166ab2d2cd12.png

From the stats and if you judge as you should

Effective striking
Effective grappling

and only if they are even octagon control..

Then Taylor won the fight.

She clearly wins rounds 1 and 2 based on ten points must

Use all the mental gymnastics you want, she still landed 17 s. strikes and had an accuracy rate of 6%.

There is no excuse landing 6% of strikes to your opponent, even on short notice. She is supposed to be a professional

When one striker has a significant reach advantage the general principle is to let him or her go first then you counter, you work off what he or she gives you. Maryna was going first, she was moving forward and throwing volume but Dynamite was just moving sideways all the time and not really engaging. If she did engage she lunged in, threw one punch then got TF back out again and kept moving and she is compact, athletic and explosive and moves fast, there was no sense in giving her what she wanted and coming in careless out of stance and getting caught.

Use all the mental gymnastics you want, she still landed 17 strikes and had an accuracy rate of 6%.

I'm not pretending she put on a breathtaking striking clinic but she got the W in tough circumstances and people need to respect that.

It's funny how most wmma fans only give a shit about the women because they find them attractive.

well we don't give a shit for the great fighting. She was hitting air much of the night. So yeah, you are kind of right. With the exception of someone like Holly, Nunes, etc. But WMMA = Women's NBA to me (and I don't watch any WNBA, because, have you seen the women? and little or no dunking)

I actually gave the fight to Taylor, it was a shit decision imo.

Having a late replacement in opponent and this fighters and their fans want to make it like its a different sport all of the sudden, its a fight with the same rules and only a different opponent, its not like they throw everything they know and only left whats good for their original rival and they dont have shit for the new one.

She went Crazy in Krakow

Back