Marvel Comics free for all

SingerAuto

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who would win in a tournament of Marvel characters? We will have two sections; one being non-cosmic entities and the other would be a true open gauntlet aside from the god level players like Beyonders, Eternity, One Above All, etc...

In the non cosmic, could anyone beat Hulk? Banner Hulk is still in play regardless of comic situation. Sentry (Robert Reynolds) fought him to a standstill when Hulk was arguably at his strongest, but there was no defined winner. Would someone like Doctor Doom or Doctor Strange be able to use their magic against beings like Hulk? Could Xavier's mind powers negate everyone?

In the cosmic realm, is Thanos king? Or is it Galactus? Or possibly Owen Reese, a.k.a. Molecule Man? Norrin Radd, a.k.a. Silver Surfer is also embued with the power cosmic and one of the most powerful being in the comics.

Would it be easier if I narrowed the categories and made brackets for 3-4 different levels? Like Earth-based heroes, a mutant bracket, cosmic bracket, etc...?
If people can come to a consensus, I'll set up a bracket and get a mod to make a poll.

Water Senator > All Others Rest in Peace.

cda40cb906e87542d12c680a965c3e5f.gif

I like the bracket idea, we could have four categories:
Earth 616
(Hulk, Sentry, Spidey, Blue Marvel, et all)
Magic
(Doom, Strange, Magik, Scarlett Witch, etc..)
Mutant/Inhuman
(Magneato, Xavier, Jean Grey w/o Phoenix, Wolverine, etc..)
Cosmic
(Thanos, Galactus, Thor, Silver Surfer, etc..)

For the 616 not mutant category, I have a tough time believing anyone can stop Hulk. Even Sentry couldn't defeat him outright, and he's insanely OP. Invulnerable to magic/telepathy to an extent with no limit on his power as it increases wit his rage, I don't think any non cosmic characters could beat him.

For magic, its Wanda Maximoff. She isn't the most stable person mentally, but her power combined with her magic talents make her damn near unbeatable. Even a player as insanely powerful and intelligent as Doom or Strange couldn't stop her if she's at full strength.

The mutant/inhuman category is insanely tough. Black Bolt can shatter planets with his voice, but Magneato can possibly block an attack for a moment to sling some metal in his head. Then guys like Xavier or Jean Grey, with the insane telepathic abilities may be the toughest to defeat. Didn't include Franklin Richards, who is a mutant but so insanely OP he'd win in every category.

Cosmic is Galactus IMO. Has no real weaknesses, and even Thanos has never defeated him outright w /o Infinity stones.

Squirrel Girl, newb.

This question has been asked for many years and never gets answered because no one knows.

Doesn't matter Goku takes them all easily. JK I know he's not Marvel. One of the cosmic guys whose comics I don't read probably takes it. Never bothered to get into any of those Adam Warlock/Nova-esque series.

Technically speaking the Silver Surfer at his full power level would beat the Hulk and might even beat the Sentry.

That might be a draw actually. Not sure. Sentry made short work of the molecule man.

Jean Grey with the Phoenix force from Grant Morrisons run should technically be able to beat the hulk, sentry and silver surfer as well.

Other powerful mutants would be Nate Grey. At full power levels he's basically unstoppable.

Franklin Richards is also almost unbeatable.

Also Cable with full use of his TK is also basically an omega level mutant. But he has to keep the techno virus in check win his powers so he's leveled down most of his tenure in comics.

Honorable mention to Sue Storm the invisible woman. If she wanted to kill her opponents she could do so quite easily.

She could make force bubbles in the brains of just about anyone and kill them, including the Hulk. Silver surfers power set should be able to cancel her power set out though

Non-cosmic
Franklin Richards
Doctor Strange
Sentry

Back