Marty's pad work leaves Masvidal no choice but to apologize to SAS on behalf of MMA community

giphy.gif

Masvidal is a tough gritty fighter. He has a varied stand up attack and surprisingly good striking defense. He also has excellent TD defense and defensive grappling/submission defense. To have fought 48 times over 17 years at the level he has and only been finished 3 times is pretty rare. He has not been finished in 12 years. Of his 10 decision losses, 5 were by split decision. So to think anyone is just going to easily finish Mas is a little nonsensical.

Having said that, it's also pretty clear he gets neutralized when he is fighting well rounded fighters at the very top of the heap. He fights top guys, but often not THE top guys, because he has lost pretty consistently throughout his career, keeping him away from those fights. For a guy as relevant as he is right now, he has fought only 1 of the current top 5 fighters at WW or LW, Maia, losing a close fight. 0-1 against former champs and maybe 2-4 against fighters that have fought in title shots.

Great fighter, but I would not expect him to beat Khabib, Fergie, Poirer, Usman or Colby. Maybe Woodley on the grounds that he is long in the tooth, though Mas is no spring chicken himself.

Good on him for making the most of his 15 minutes. And even after Usman beats him, he will still have a couple of lucrative high profile fights ahead of him.
This man gets it.

Masvidal has literally always been supremely confident with a cocky personality. You casuals just didn't know who he was until 2 fights ago.
What are you talking about?
Look at all the flashy shit he's constantly wearing... A robe cage side?

"Baptized"?
He never used to say or do these things.

I love Masvidal but this isn't as bad as when he responded to Canelo with his speed bag work which was average and the video was cut up like 5 different times in a 90 second span because he messed up

What are you talking about?
Look at all the flashy shit he's constantly wearing... A robe cage side?

"Baptized"?
He never used to say or do these things.

Lol he is literally the same guy he was 15 years in Bodog. He's always been a flashy, cocky motherfucker.

Look at him stunting after baptizing Yves 13 years ago
BarrenScentedBlueshark-size_restricted.gif

He is wearing expensive flashy clothes now because... he can afford it. Duh.

Go watch his press conferences/interviews from a few years ago, he literally talks and acts exactly the same, with the same bravado and confidence.

Just admit you didn't follow him until the Askren KO bro, it's okay.

Last edited:
Masvidal was born to throw hands.

Usman was born to dry hump dudes

Lol Colby, Tyron, Usman, Rory have no problem beating Maia, you are the casual one
As far as I remember they nullified Maia’s joe jitsu and kept the fight standing. He backpacked masividal and was able to literally nothing, and he did literally no damage to masivdal during. Masividal would Ko every guy you just mentioned.

Masvidal has literally always been supremely confident with a cocky personality. You casuals just didn't know who he was until 2 fights ago.
Compare the way he acts now to the interview he did with Dan Hardy when he and Till were sat across from each other. Maybe it’s because he respected Till as an opponent but it’s a very different approach.

It literally looks just fine....haha
{<huh}

It’s clearly just technique work. The highest level strikers in any combat sport do similar training.

Compare the way he acts now to the interview he did with Dan Hardy when he and Till were sat across from each other. Maybe it’s because he respected Till as an opponent but it’s a very different approach.

He acted the same with Diaz because he respected him. Jorge always gets ghetto and disrespects guys he doesnt like or who he thinks are punks. He clearly doesn't like Usman.

Have you not seen his confrontations with Bisping?

I've been a fan of Jorge for a very long time, the guy has not changed lol.

That has a totally different context though...

Compare the "way he acts now" to the interviews for the Demian Maia fight where he dressed in all black cause he was gonna "murder" Maia. Even further back than that he was doing the same stuff.

He acted the same with Diaz because he respected him. Jorge always gets ghetto and disrespects guys he doesnt like or who he thinks are punks. He clearly doesn't like Usman.

Fair enough, I never knew about the shit between him and Bisping but I remember watching Jorge’s interview from after the Cowboy fight and laughing pretty hard. I’m not going to pretend to have been following Jorge for as long as you have so thanks for the lesson.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I never knew about the shit between him and Bisping but I remember watching Jorge’s interview from after the Cowboy fight and laughing pretty hard. I’m not going to pretend to have been following Jorge for as long as you have so thanks for lesson.

He got into it with Cowboy before the fight too, there was a video of him harassing and talking shit to Cowboy backstage before their fight but I can't seem to find it right now lol.

Funny enough, all these guys he had beef with (Askren, Cerrone, Bisping) respect him and are on good terms with him now lol.

Lol Ping got cucked pretty hard here

{<jordan}

As far as I remember they nullified Maia’s joe jitsu and kept the fight standing. He backpacked masividal and was able to literally nothing, and he did literally no damage to masivdal during. Masividal would Ko every guy you just mentioned.
So you agree with me that Jorge's grappling looked like a joke compares to Usman's, Usman can easily nullified Maia's grappling while Masvidal had no answer for 3 rounds. Maia win fair and square by landing more and control Masvidal the whole fight, Mas couldn't do anything for 3 rounds lol.
Unlike you, all i said is facts, keep dreaming about those imaginary KO.

Last edited:
That's clearly more if a footwork drill than punching focused, but yea, Usman is no ace level boxer. Not exactly a surprise
99% of all UFC fighters are shitty boxers by boxing standards. But we don't watch them for their boxing skills...

Back