Marty's pad work leaves Masvidal no choice but to apologize to SAS on behalf of MMA community

That's clearly more if a footwork drill than punching focused, but yea, Usman is no ace level boxer. Not exactly a surprise

I don't personally like the fighter but learning technique before adding speed/power is the correct way to do it.

Sherdog and instagram videos of fighters on the pads - name a better duo.

(I do by the way agree with this being more of a footwork drill and as someone has pointed out, starting slow is the way to refine techniques you're not used to.)

Last edited:
Desperate attempt to make fun of him IMO, but casuals will eat it up.

And Masvidal's grappling looked like a joke compare to Usman, this isn't boxing, lol even Masvidal's boxing looked like a joke compare to professional boxers.

Masvidal grasping at the last bit of attention he's going to get before Usman dominates his gatekeeping ass.

And Masvidal's grappling looked like a joke compare to Usman, this isn't boxing, lol even Masvidal's boxing looked like a joke compare to professional boxers.
Grappling or wrestling?

His grappling is actually quite good. He's got a slick and agressive ground game.

It's in the wrestling department that Usman has a huge edge.

Masvidal grasping at the last bit of attention he's going to get before Usman dominates his gatekeeping ass.
giphy.gif

What fight did Mas grappling look like a joke? I hope ur not talking about Maia, bc Maia himself said Mas ground work some some of the best he's ever gone up against in the cage. I'll wait for the answer

What fight did Mas grappling look like a joke? I hope ur not talking about Maia, bc Maia himself said Mas ground work some some of the best he's ever gone up against in the cage. I'll wait for the answer
It was an attempt to clap back at Mas over the video that went horribly wrong when he didnt realize Mas had a ground game. Dont act like you never got caught lacking talking out your ass to brudda lol. If wise he slowly creeps away from the thread

Masvidal's boxing coach is legit so it's probably a big LOL watching Usman do that.

This is some bizarre footage to criticize. It would roughly be the equivalent of Andre Galvao criticizing footage of Gordon Ryan flowing with someone and drilling some moves or something in my opinion.

Ignore him. He's just embarassing himself with his post.
I'm not a big Masvidal fan but Masvidal is very very very well-rounded and that's a fact. His grappling is very good.

Masvidal is a tough gritty fighter. He has a varied stand up attack and surprisingly good striking defense. He also has excellent TD defense and defensive grappling/submission defense. To have fought 48 times over 17 years at the level he has and only been finished 3 times is pretty rare. He has not been finished in 12 years. Of his 10 decision losses, 5 were by split decision. So to think anyone is just going to easily finish Mas is a little nonsensical.

Having said that, it's also pretty clear he gets neutralized when he is fighting well rounded fighters at the very top of the heap. He fights top guys, but often not THE top guys, because he has lost pretty consistently throughout his career, keeping him away from those fights. For a guy as relevant as he is right now, he has fought only 1 of the current top 5 fighters at WW or LW, Maia, losing a close fight. 0-1 against former champs and maybe 2-4 against fighters that have fought in title shots.

Great fighter, but I would not expect him to beat Khabib, Fergie, Poirer, Usman or Colby. Maybe Woodley on the grounds that he is long in the tooth, though Mas is no spring chicken himself.

Good on him for making the most of his 15 minutes. And even after Usman beats him, he will still have a couple of lucrative high profile fights ahead of him.

Last edited:

When did Masvidals grappling look like a joke? Haters gonna hate

Back