Marty confirms Askren is next: "Colby's gambling debt cost him UFC title shot"

We shouldn’t make fun now that I think about it. Would you really be focusing on such things when you grew up walking 250-500 miles a day for water?

Wow that is a long way, I bet he was below 30% after that.

Usman goes from post fight presser after winnings his belt "I want to beat up Colby SOOO BAAADDDDD" Then next day he literally attacks Colby in a buffet line.

Then all of a sudden he is not interested in the matchup. Fuck are you doin mate

Assuming both Colby and Askren win their next fight (if one wins one loses it's pretty clear who gets the shot) their last 3 fights would be:

Colby:
Maia WIN
RDA WIN
Lawler WIN

Askren:
Shinya Aoki (43-9 lol) WIN
Lawler WIN*
Masvidal WIN

You can hate Colby all you want, but that guy already earned his TS, and if he beats Lawler it would be straight up criminal to deny him his shot.
colby is a can. askren is next.

Colby ducked Usman 3 times when they were both up-and-comers, now he's the one begging for the fight.

Karma is a funny thing

Usually when a fighter has a debt is when they need to TAKE a fight to make money.

Colby messed up when he didn't accept the fight against Woodley. That was his chance, he was coming off solid wins, met the president & all the known fighters were out, injuries, suspended, legal issues etc. Now the division has moved forward specially with new additions in Pettis, Diaz, Lee, Cheisa. And other fighters in RDA, Askren & Masvidal putting in work. Colby overestimated his "drawing" power and spot in the division.

It shouldn't be his choice. ALL champions should fight whoever the UFC tells them too within a reasonable timeline or get stripped

Good stuff there from Marty Fakenewsman

“I literally smacked my head like this kid f***s it up again, again. I said from the start, this was going to be his fight to mess up and that is exactly (why) he did what he just did. Those gambling debts might have caught up to him, you never know the backstory of what is going on,” Kamaru Usman said to TMZ Sports. “Debts might have caught up to him, he hasn’t fought for a long time trying to sit out and be a pest to not just to me but to Woodley at some point and also to Dana White at some point.

“You sat out for a long time and now you are kind of reaping what you sold. At the end of the day, this is not me saying oh, I don’t want to fight him. I definitely want to fight him,” he continued. “People might say well you are ducking Colby Covington, his three fans who continuously try to pester me every day. There is no one right now in the world that I would love to punch more or hurt more than him, or Ben Askren. Either one I don’t really care it doesn’t matter. It just goes to show you who is in power and it’s not him.”

“I need to put my hands on Covington, I gotta get that out of the way. But, Ben Askren is next,” Kamaru Usman said. “He is the representative of this new aid society where trolls and these guys that probably could never touch you or do anything to you feel like because they have a platform on the internet, I am going to talk as reckless as possible. So, I kind of need to humble him up. But, it doesn’t matter, I just want to fight and get back to doing what I love and get back to competing. So it doesn’t matter either of them can get it.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/6/26/...him-his-ufc-title-shot-ben-askren-is-now-next

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-messed-up-title-shot-ben-askren-is-now-next/

... but did he really say "reaping what you SOLD"?

I really liked Usman up until the moment he started talking

Assuming both Colby and Askren win their next fight (if one wins one loses it's pretty clear who gets the shot) their last 3 fights would be:

Colby:
Maia WIN
RDA WIN
Lawler WIN

Askren:
Shinya Aoki (43-9 lol) WIN
Lawler WIN*
Masvidal WIN

You can hate Colby all you want, but that guy already earned his TS, and if he beats Lawler it would be straight up criminal to deny him his shot.
Although I think Colby should be next, hell he should have been before Martin, it's as sensical for Colby to get a title shot over Askren for beating the guy Askren just beat as it was to give Usman the title shot for beating Maia and RDA after Colby did.

Also, what's lol about Aoki's record?

Back