Martin Rooney: Ultimate Warrior Workouts

Harnaik

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone got or read this book?
Saw some of his videos on youtube and they were pretty cool.
I'm always looking for new techniques to use in my training, and well, I just like to read as much about s&c as physically possible. You can never know too much in my eyes.

In my opinion, the best conditioning book I've ever read was Joel Jameson's Ultimate MMA conditioning book. It's 40 dollars but the information in there is invaluable, and has really improved my understanding of S&C by leaps and bounds. Plus he has a great forum you can ask questions from other such knowledgeable people at Welcome to 8 Weeks Out

In my opinion, the best conditioning book I've ever read was Joel Jameson's Ultimate MMA conditioning book. It's 40 dollars but the information in there is invaluable, and has really improved my understanding of S&C by leaps and bounds. Plus he has a great forum you can ask questions from other such knowledgeable people at Welcome to 8 Weeks Out

I'll echo the praise for this book. I hate Joel's marketing pitch, but his book is awesome.

I'll echo the praise for this book. I hate Joel's marketing pitch, but his book is awesome.

hate his marketing pitch ... you meen at the end of the book where he explains that he's to busy actually training people and to busy figureing out the ins and outs of proper training .. to go on a huge marketing campain ... common man be happy a guy like that actually exists .. the market is filled with assholes who have all day to market theyre shitty product full of pictures with different workout routines that have no meaning or true testing .

ULTIMATE MMA CONDITIONG .... is the best information i have yet to find on training

I haven't really noticed much of a marketing pitch either. There were a few threads he started with hundreds of posts where he answered people's questions - both serious and trolling questions. That doesn't seem so bad.

Ironically, Martin Rooney (or one of his friends) set up troll accounts on MMA and other forums giving fake reviews of his book. Instead of spending time discussing his product with his potential customers he tried tricks and bullshit to promote his work.

That's pretty lame.

hate his marketing pitch ... you meen at the end of the book where he explains that he's to busy actually training people and to busy figureing out the ins and outs of proper training .. to go on a huge marketing campain ...

His marketing isn't excessive, it's just self promotional in a way that makes his pitch SOUND very similar to the people that you reference elsewhere in your post who are basically idiots with marketing. Which is ironic, because Joel's book really is one of the best books out there.

I bought this book from Amazon, it's a great read! He covers absoulutely everything, toe strengthening and shit lol.

Came in looking for this guy...

ultimatewarrior.jpg

Left disappointed.

Ha. can't believe I didn't even think of that!

They have the book in my local bookshop apparently, so I'm just going to go in and read it to see if it's worth buying.

Read an article written by rooney on t nation :

T NATION | 11 Myths of Warrior Training

Thought it was horrible. He confuses lack of cardio for lack of strength, doesn't seem to understand how to recognize or train different energy pathways. He also blatanly contracts himself on on one myth saying the bench is important, then not so on another. I could go on.

Read an article written by rooney on t nation :

T NATION | 11 Myths of Warrior Training

Have to agree with most of what he says. But it's incomplete at best, and certainly not an innovative or "groundbreaking" training methodology.

Something I'd expect to read in Men's Health...if I read that sort of thing lol

Don't eat poorly. Don't train like your favorite fighter. Don't neglect strength work. Meh. No kidding.

I hear only great things about that book 9even though i'm too much of a cheapo to buy it). Joel is also a very respected poster here. He lurks the S&C every once and a while.

I bought the ultimate warrior book a while ago. It's really not worth the buy, it just has pushups in it and some Japanese guys holding pots.

I found more success with Ross' conditioning workouts.

Back