Martial arts in Bath/ Bristol (uk) area?

b2spirita

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello,

Partially inspired by seeing my brother's Ju Jitsu (sp?) and partially because i need to motivate myself to exercise more, ive decided to take up some form of martial art. Now, if i get to competition level then great, but this isnt going to be a career for me, so thats not a major concern.

My questions are, what aside from the bath judo and ju jitsu clubs is available in the area? Remember that im dependent on public transport. Recommendations and personal expeiences would be welcomed.

Secondly, what should i be looking out for to indicate the quality of the place? Any key givaways?

Finally, any tips on what would suit me best? Im about 5'10, 80kg and most of my strength is based in my legs and back - if that makes sense to you guys. My cardio is pretty poor at the moment, so that'll have to improve.

Thanks guys, and i hope this is the right forum.

TL; DR:

What martial arts are on offer in the Bath area and what should i look out for?

Hey mate...was in Bath recently for a seminar and was training with guys from here..

Team Nemesis (MMA & CQC in Bath) - UK-MMA THE UK'S MMA FORUM UKMMA

Its not Judo/BJJ i know but solid boxing, wrestling, sub grappling + MMA. Nice guys.

In Bristol check out these guys...

Trojan Free Fighters | Trojan Free Fighters - MMA, Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Olympic Wrestling

That looks excellent, i shall most def check it out. I think what ill do is go visit each place and see what vibe i get from each, then i can make a decision.

Thanks!

Hey mate...was in Bath recently for a seminar and was training with guys from here..

Team Nemesis (MMA & CQC in Bath) - UK-MMA THE UK'S MMA FORUM UKMMA

Its not Judo/BJJ i know but solid boxing, wrestling, sub grappling + MMA. Nice guys.

In Bristol check out these guys...

Trojan Free Fighters | Trojan Free Fighters - MMA, Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Olympic Wrestling

Thats brilliant thanks. Shall def take a look. What i think ill do is try out these places in turn and see what vibe i get from them. Cheers again.

I wouldn't do martial arts in the bath, you could easily slip and fall and get hurt or maybe drown :icon_conf

Back