Law 'Marry-your-rapist' bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

2nd post is a retard somehow trying to make this about the GOP. Then another retard shows up and tries to make this about the Torah. Holy fucking shit! I'm glad other posters have the patience to deal with idiots because I surely do not.

I think it's no secret that Turkey, the once example for muslims nations, is slowly turning back in time but I feel we need to know more about this law to comment. For example, what is the definition of rape here? Does the girl in question have any say? Is there an age limit? I believe we can all agree that a 16 years old having sex with a 18 years old guy and later marrying him to prevent him to go to jail is extremely different than a rape victim being forced to marry her rapist.
And that seems to be what it is.

News outlets have 1 goddamn job to do, and that is deliver facts and information, and they can't even do that without their paraphrasing, rewording or outright lying to spin every single story. You simply cannot trust media outlets to not lie and spin things into their stupid narratives.

This is just dishonest horse shit, which should have been obvious by calling it a "marry your rapist" bill, as if the punishment is being imposed on the girl. This bill is for people imprisoned for CONSENSUAL sex that has been deemed "statutory rape" because their gf is under 18. I believe the bill is supposed to set a cutoff age difference of 10 years, so these are guys who are between 1-10 years older than their gf who have been put in prison, and the purpose is that you cannot just use or manipulate 16 and 17 year olds for sex, but a 20 year old guy can have a serious relationship with a girl a few years younger than him. This is specifically to prove that it was not rape and that it was in fact a serious relationship with somebody within a few years of your own age, but leave it to the bitter middle aged hags with blue check marks to lie about it and pretend women are being forced into sex slavery.

2nd post is a retard somehow trying to make this about the GOP. Then another retard shows up and tries to make this about the Torah. Holy fucking shit! I'm glad other posters have the patience to deal with idiots because I surely do not.

I think it's no secret that Turkey, the once example for muslims nations, is slowly turning back in time but I feel we need to know more about this law to comment. For example, what is the definition of rape here? Does the girl in question have any say? Is there an age limit? I believe we can all agree that a 16 years old having sex with a 18 years old guy and later marrying him to prevent him to go to jail is extremely different than a rape victim being forced to marry her rapist.
In theory that's what the law is supposed to be addressing as evidenced by the fact that it specifies that it only applies as long as violence and coercion aren't used. But theory and practice are not always the same so I think there are legit concerns.

Also I think the narrative of Turkey as some kind of model Muslim country before Erdogan is really flawed. First off they were not even properly democratic, no legitimate democratic nation has a military coup every decade because the people voted for the wrong party. Second they were highly authoritarian and brutal with the Kurds in particular as evidenced by the thousands of enforced disappearances in the 90s. Even beyond democratic norms and minority rights their were not even a model in terms of economy as one of the pillars of Kemalism is statism which when Erdogan came around meant a bloated state sector dominated by the military which Erdogan liberalized through economic reforms leading to the rise of a middle class and a booming Turkish economy. The reality is that the closest Turkey ever came to being a liberal democracy was under the early Erdogan years. And Turkey's backsliding to authoritarianism under Erdogan is really the return of Turkish nationalist paternalism, not some kind of Ottoman revival.

i must be reading the posts itt wrong, are people trying to blame Christianity for this Bill? Turkey is about 97% Islamic......

In theory that's what the law is supposed to be addressing as evidenced by the fact that it specifies that it only applies as long as violence and coercion aren't used. But theory and practice are not always the same so I think there are legit concerns.

Also I think the narrative of Turkey as some kind of model Muslim country before Erdogan is really flawed. First off they were not even properly democratic, no legitimate democratic nation has a military coup every decade because the people voted for the wrong party. Second they were highly authoritarian and brutal with the Kurds in particular as evidenced by the thousands of enforced disappearances in the 90s. Even beyond democratic norms and minority rights their were not even a model in terms of economy as one of the pillars of Kemalism is statism which when Erdogan came around meant a bloated state sector dominated by the military which Erdogan liberalized through economic reforms leading to the rise of a middle class and a booming Turkish economy. The reality is that the closest Turkey ever came to being a liberal democracy was under the early Erdogan years. And Turkey's backsliding to authoritarianism under Erdogan is really the return of Turkish nationalist paternalism, not some kind of Ottoman revival.

They first went from Baghdad to the Iranian border, were denied entry cause Iran wouldn't let in the BBC, then they go to Turkey and get an envelope with:
"You idiots... you just went from a country with minimal war to one in the middle of a civil war."

If you rape a girl under the age of consent, you can avoid punishment by agreeing to marry her and then you get to rape her whenever you want.

I know it's a different culture and hard to judge... but that seems to be something that would have been considered absurd in the Dark Ages.

Turkey gonna Islam <Fedor23>

There is kinda the same law in Russia, but not about rape, just about sex with human under the age of consent. I think just yesterday there were a TV programme (on Russian TV) about 13 years old girl who had sex with 10 years old boy and got pregnant (by the end of the programme experts said that according to blood test and shit that boy doesn't have a testosterone and this and that and doesn't look like she got pregnant from him). And on this programme they bring in other girls who got in same stories, one had sex with her boyfriend when she was 17 and he was 14, gor pregnant, they married, if I'm not mistaken when the boy was 16 and she avoided jail/prison.
Also sometimes TV shows in news that kind of stories about minorities and their traditions -- Roma Gypsies, for example (something like 10 years old boy having a wife (not official wife, but Gypsies recongizes her as such) years older than him).
lol That's exactly what this bill is. Age of consent is actually 18 in Turkey while it's 16 in my state. This bill would only be for men that had CONSENSUAL sex with the girls that are underage.

That is so fucked up. Seriously, Turkey has been slipping back into fundamentalism for a while now. They are regressing, it's sad to see.

It's already an observed law in the UK, where the police have uncovered a large network of immigrant gangs caught doing this but refuse to go after them. They were already refusing to prosecute "honor killings" because leftist government literally makes the argument that government should honor backwards laws from other countries over its own. This makes it easier for crimes by the government and those with authority to blend in, that's probably why.

It can't get better, it can only get worse if it's not punished but protected by those in power.

This is what "progressive" looks like.
So the "leftist government" in the UK is greenlighting murders and rapes so they themselves can "blend in" and do murders and rapes without facing consequences? Get a grip on reality.

Good call
change it to AD/CE and it's good haha

Actually, I'm pretty sure 750 BC would still apply. The Persian Empire that Alexander conquered was far more enlightened than the modern countries that replaced it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure 750 BC would still apply. The Persian Empire that Alexander conquered was far more enlightened than the modern countries that replaced it.
when the US invaded Afghanistan in 2001, the entire country had a mere FIFTY MILES OF PAVED ROADS

in the entire country. in 2001.

just think about that for a second
"The U.S. government has spent nearly $3 billion on road projects in Afghanistan, which had only 50 miles of paved road in 2001."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ghanistan-now-many-of-them-are-beyond-repair/

It’s a thoughtless bill and one that has been rejected before and im sure it will be again. But let’s not pretend that the purpose of the bill is to encourage rape. That’s just typical sherbro hysteria

As has been made clear by the proponents of it, in rural parts of the country, both males and females often get married under the legal age. Those couples are then sentenced to prison time. Whilst efforts have been made to stop marriage before the age of 18, it has been widely accepted that those efforts are not effective in rural areas. Many in those areas don’t even know the law and thus the point of the bill was to forego punishment for these couples. Of course the problem is that there are massive loopholes in the bill, which is why most likely it will be rejected again.

i must be reading the posts itt wrong, are people trying to blame Christianity for this Bill? Turkey is about 97% Islamic......

The amount of cognitive dissonance required to defend islam in 2020 inevitably drives them insane.

de62c9a6dd07b77948e08de366a9ae51.jpg

You realize there's a difference between something written in a 3000 year old book and something that is getting passed as a law today, right?

It's already an observed law in the UK, where the police have uncovered a large network of immigrant gangs caught doing this but refuse to go after them. They were already refusing to prosecute "honor killings" because leftist government literally makes the argument that government should honor backwards laws from other countries over its own. This makes it easier for crimes by the government and those with authority to blend in, that's probably why.

It can't get better, it can only get worse if it's not punished but protected by those in power.

This is what "progressive" looks like.
Progression by regression, get with the times buddeh

Back