1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Law 'Marry-your-rapist' bill to be introduced by lawmakers in Turkey

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by KeepItRealist, Jan 23, 2020.

1. KeepItRealist Gold Belt

If you rape a girl under the age of consent, you can avoid punishment by agreeing to marry her and then you get to rape her whenever you want.

I know it's a different culture and hard to judge... but that seems to be something that would have been considered absurd in the Dark Ages.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Seano Hands of bone

Turkish family values, I guess. Not sure why we're surprised when people from that section of the world prove to be cavemen.

3. Rational Poster Actually the Best Poster

Sounds like something GOP Senatorial candidates would be interested in.

4. KeepItRealist Gold Belt

They seem be somehow going in the opposite direction the past decade, which is so bizarre. The Turkey I visited in the early 2000s seemed pretty tolerant for an Islamic nation. It's the same in Iran. Iran was pretty modernized in terms of stuff like this (for an Islamic country) before the revolution.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow this passed in an amended form, but it seems on the surface like this would make it legal for sexual predators to target the daughters of rich families for rape in order to improve their station in life. And would it be limited to one? Since Islam allows polygamy.

5. K-Bag Let's go Brandon.

6. Fox by the Sea Lighthouse Keeper Platinum Member

what if you are gay and rape some young boy?
    is that even a crime over there?so retarded

7. PlayswellwithLawnDarts Banned Banned

But if she’s legal you can’t Engagement Rape her? That is weird

8. all caps Gold Belt

9. Bald1 War Room Can

I'm skeptical of this story being true.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Turkey is slowly sliding into shithole status, but something doesn't smell right here.

10. KimBo KiLLa ....

Allah approves

11. Lovelyboy Banned Banned

Most of that weird shit takes place is kurdish communities. White people love the gurds.

12. Feniamin Brown Belt

There is kinda the same law in Russia, but not about rape, just about sex with human under the age of consent. I think just yesterday there were a TV programme (on Russian TV) about 13 years old girl who had sex with 10 years old boy and got pregnant (by the end of the programme experts said that according to blood test and shit that boy doesn't have a testosterone and this and that and doesn't look like she got pregnant from him). And on this programme they bring in other girls who got in same stories, one had sex with her boyfriend when she was 17 and he was 14, gor pregnant, they married, if I'm not mistaken when the boy was 16 and she avoided jail/prison.
    Also sometimes TV shows in news that kind of stories about minorities and their traditions -- Roma Gypsies, for example (something like 10 years old boy having a wife (not official wife, but Gypsies recongizes her as such) years older than him).

13. dissectingaorticaneurysm Red Belt

[​IMG]

14. Crono7 GET TO THE CHOPPA

Are you seriously comparing Islam to Judaism? Who follows the Torah like that? Islam is today what Judaism was 1000 years ago.

15. weed ベルセルク

16. glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

Please tell me this is a joke (and a sick one, at that).... <{ByeHomer}>

I can't believe this shit.

17. Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

It's already an observed law in the UK, where the police have uncovered a large network of immigrant gangs caught doing this but refuse to go after them. They were already refusing to prosecute "honor killings" because leftist government literally makes the argument that government should honor backwards laws from other countries over its own. This makes it easier for crimes by the government and those with authority to blend in, that's probably why.

It can't get better, it can only get worse if it's not punished but protected by those in power.

This is what "progressive" looks like.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  18. all caps Gold Belt

[​IMG]

19. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

true "toxic masculinity"

20. fishNjits Green Belt

Does the girl have to agree to marry her rapist? If the girl doesn't agree, what happens?

In Torah, it is written: If a man finds a virgin girl who was not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, the man who lay with her shall give 50 shekels of silver to the girl’s father, and she shall become his wife, because he violated her. He shall not send her away all the days of his life.

As crazy as it sounds today, the idea, back 3,400 years or so ago, was that the woman would be ostracized by the community and have lost value. Forcing the man to marry her would actually protect her in society.

However, the rabbis who created the Talmud (about 400 A.D.) made it clear that the woman doesn't have to agree to marry and the rapist would be liable for compensation covering permanent impairment, pain and suffering, healing expenses, loss of time from work, and shame.