Marquez vs Bradley Fight Night Thread (previously undercard discussion)

And Ruslan is going to knock out Alvarado...

Nah, when Bradley boxed with Prov he didn't know how to handle it. Alvarado can box his way through this if he wants. I think it could look a bit like Rios vs Alvarado 2. Alvarado just has a better skill set.

In that first gif JMM appears to land a short right hand as Bradley was bent forward, stopping his momentum. In that second, JMM lands several clean shots including a nice counter left that clearly snaps Bradley's head. I agree that Bradley showed a lot if skill in this fight but it sure wasn't as one sided as many are making it out to be. I thought JMM looked pretty sharp compared to his last fight(even though he won that one)

Exactly. It was a close fight. Bradley deserved to win...but people trying to make it out that Tim put on a Floyd like clinic are talking out their ass. Just to remind people...Marquez is 40 years old!

To win against Bradley you have to knock him out.
It is very difficult to outwork him as he makes good use of his athletic abilities to throw volumes of punches.
Then, I do not expect him to be too old in this sport. When he starts to slow down it will be all downhill, over the night.

i don't really have strong opinions on Bradley one way or the other, I only saw the Pac fight. I picked him over Marquez for a couple reason, Marquez couldn't do anything with Mayweather, and Marquez did very, very little in the Pac fight other than the bombs, people forget he was taking a whipping. So, Bradley beat a guy who didn't look so hot in his last fight or the mayweather fight. what I know for sure is that Bradley is a good boxer, has a good head on his shoulders and a good team around him, other than that, I wouldn't get ahead of things and start placing him in history. Still, I think a Mayweather fight is natural but it won't get done.

Yes, let's not even acknowledge the performance sandwiched in between those two fights in which he nullified and confused Pacquiao even more than he had done in the previous two occasions in which they fought.

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing

"Im told that the JMM-Bradley PPV did in the 350-400,000 buy range. Take that for what you will. Top Rank actually made a few nickels #boxing"

Back