Marquez staying at 135, fighting Katsidis!

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by nip102, Aug 25, 2010.

1. nip102

nip102 Purple Belt

2. VisceralDragon

VisceralDragon Green Belt

I was really hoping he would fight Khan next. Pacquaio trilogy would have been awesome but I thought they might have been able to get Khan, damn.

3. 5acrossYOeye

5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

he might fight katsidis.

"So now we are going to try to put together the deal for Marquez and Katsidis. Hell of a fight. Toe to toe. Mano a mano," Schaefer said. "This is a great fight. I'm excited for the fighters and the fans as well. This is going to be non-stop action. Pound for pound, these are two of the most exciting fighters in boxing."

4. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Katsidis has a shot, he has improved greatly since his loses to Casamayor and Diaz, he has brought up his boxing, and he still has a fighter's mentality, and I think Marquez has lost a bit of a step, I'm not all that impressed with his recent Rout of Diaz, Diaz himself looks like a fighter with one foot out the door, admitting he has interests in pursuing a political career, and he might do that sooner rather than later. Anyways if Katsidis puts it all together , I think he can upset marquez.

5. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

If you enjoyed Marquez Diaz I you might get to see something that closely resembles it with Marquez Katsidis. I prefer this match up as there is serious discussion right now of Khan fighting Maidana or Ortiz(hopefully Maidana) over at GBP. Marquez is one of my favorites fighters but moving up to 140 won't suit him well I don't think.

6. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Banned Banned

No, could it be? Back already? I raised an eyebrow when I saw Electric Six's "Gay Bar," but I still don't know...

Katsidis is great to watch. Nip, calling fight of the year for this is a good move. And Thanksgiving weekend to boot! I don't like Khan for Marquez. Too fast, hits hard, and more importantly too long of a jab. I see Katsidis giving Marquez a run here. He's a better pressure fighter than Diaz.

7. xilliun

xilliun Brown Belt

hoping katsidis gets the win! can't go past a fellow queenslander!

8. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

I've never been registered here before if that helps.

9. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Banned Banned

Interesting. Something just seemed... Nevermind.