Marquez laughs: Roach said he would kiss my ass!

Riotmaker14

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=60472#ixzz2F6gqPMt9
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez had a good laugh at the expense of Freddie Roach, the trainer for Manny Pacquiao.

Before last Saturday's fourth fight between Marquez and Pacquiao, Roach raised questions about Marquez's new muscular body.

Roach said if Marquez's new body "was natural" - then he would "kiss his ass."

On Friday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission disclosed the drug test results, indicating that both Pacquiao and Marquez were negative for any banned substabnces.

"At the press conference, Freddie Roach said that he would kiss my ass if I came out clean. I am clean athlete," Marquez said.

To the critics who said his big right hand shot, that knocked out Pacquiao in the sixth, was a "lucky punch" - Marquez stated the following:

"It is a punch that we had worked on for the previous fights [with Pacquiao], but on those occasions Pacquiao had come in with the 1-2 and exit strategy and that's why we didn't have the effectiveness that we had now [with that punch]."

Bad year for Roach. Maybe Marquez getting popped would've salvaged Roach's year. Now he's gotta pucker up.

passing a test don't mean you're natural

I hope you apply that universally to every boxer who passes a commission test and not just to the guy who knocked your boyfriend out. Pacquiao included. Remember the accusations against Pac.

Back