Marquardt vs. Rory

Rory don't give a shit about Nate. They aren't tight, barely, if at all train together.

Nate wins

If he can stop Woodley's wrestling Rory's shouldn't be a problem

1 word... BARNBURNER!
id give edge to Nate but def wouldnt be surprised if Rory won.

Nate by tekken experience.

He has TWO, TWO awesome combo victories.

It would be a good fight i think, I'd love to see it.

I can see rory getting cocky in the stand up and getting tekken tko'ed by Nate.

I think it would be a good fight. Rory has a legit chance for sure. Rory has better crisp standup, and better technical takedowns. Why is marquardt the favorite? 1 good win?

Nate wins

If he can stop Woodley's wrestling Rory's shouldn't be a problem

Funny stuff, you do realize Nate was nearly knocked out by Tyrone "the blanket" Woodley on the feet only the round prior to his over rated finish. Woodley is a one dimensional blanket, who Rory blows out the water. Rory would clown Nate on the feet. LOL at Nate Marquart knocking out Woodley in a fight he was losing creating this myth of a fuckin new WW mega force. Wtf made Woodley even a top 10 WW? Get some perspective people on the Marquart WW hype.

Last edited:
I think it would be a good fight. Rory has a legit chance for sure. Rory has better crisp standup, and better technical takedowns. Why is marquardt the favorite? 1 good win?

1 good win which has turned into a overrated win. He was nearly knocked out by a blanket for fuck sakes. People think he's going to walk through Saffiedine apparently, but if he stands with Saffiedine he could get his ass beat good.

They both stand a good chance of pulling out a victory if they fought one another, I'm going with Nate though just because.....

of this....

1rlPc.gif

god that elbow looked brutal. and the uppercut at the end was the icing on the cake

Always been a big fan of Nate the Great, I think he could take Rory right now.

Would love to see it. Would also love to see Marquardt vs. GSP. Unify the title Dana!

Godamn, I love when Marquardt goes into button smash mode.

The only point Nate looked impressive in that fight was the finish. He was nearly finished himself by a guy with below average stand up only the round prior. Nate showed he is dangerous on the inside, but overall his stand up is at best average, his wrestling is above average, and his grappling is above average. He overall is above average with a lot more to prove in the best division in mma, WW. Nate has also a proven track record of being hit or miss, as he is completely inconsistent and prone to choking as Dana White has acknowledged. Hopefully he doesn't test positive again. Maybe if he and Rory fight they can use the VADA testing, as Rory has already, but I expect he will continue as a hit or miss fighter. One fight he'll look great against some blanket like Woodley, against someone like Rory he will be tooled. Rory would not fight stupid against him, and would own him striking at range from the centre of the cage, and negate him in every other field of mma.

Back