Marquardt vs Maia/Fitch Winner

it's too early to give Nate a shot, would love to see him fight guys like Pierce

it's too early to give Nate a shot, would love to see him fight guys like Pierce

Pierce is a beast but Nate deserves a higher ranked opponent coming in as the SF champion. Someone like Ellenberger would be perfect.

Wow I honestly forgot that Maia and Marquardt fought and I remember watching that card live. Randy vs Nog. That was a long time ago though, before Nate hit his MW decline

MW decline? He lost to the consensus #2 and #3, that's not a decline, he was still a top 5 mainstay. Nate showed he was vulnerable against wrestlers, which wouldn't bode well against GSP, but he's also massive as a WW and he'd have a strength advantage over many of the WW wrestlers. So yes, I think he easily would be a contender, he just needs to prove his ability to handle the WW cut a couple of times and beat any one of the top WW fighters and then he should be considered for a shot.

Of the top 10 WW at the moment I think he'd wreck more than half. I think he could beat Maia again, Kampmann, Ellenberger, Diaz and probably Condit (though I hope they never fight). He may struggle with the wrestling of Kos, Fitch and Hendricks, we'd have to see.

Nate beats Maia again and probably finishes him. I think Fitch would make for a tough fight and it would be hard to call, Nate could wreck him on the feet or end up on his back for 15 mins.

Nate is a different beast at 170. I feel he could do very well in The UFC.

if ellenberger beats hendricks they should do gsp vs marquadt in a unification bout

I'd like to see Nate face the winner of Rory/Condit.

Or he could just lose and get his title shot immediately.

right and Maia isn't on the wrong side of thirty and really only has one legitimate win at ww and it's over Rick Story. A guy who I think Woodley would easily beat.

Let's also not forget this

matpow.gif

GOD DAMN! lol.

Wow I honestly forgot that Maia and Marquardt fought and I remember watching that card live. Randy vs Nog. That was a long time ago though, before Nate hit his MW decline

Woodley is an excellent wrestler, and that was one of nates weaknesses at 185. So that fact that Nate stuffed every one of woodleys shots is pretty impressive.

right and Maia isn't on the wrong side of thirty and really only has one legitimate win at ww and it's over Rick Story. A guy who I think Woodley would easily beat.

Let's also not forget this

matpow.gif

That was very classy of Nate to stop himself from smashing Maia's skull in when he realized that Maia was already out.

Pierce is a beast but Nate deserves a higher ranked opponent coming in as the SF champion. Someone like Ellenberger would be perfect.

Pierce is a joke his last fight was pathetic.

Marquardt/loser of ellenburger/Hendricks would be awesome!

Back