Marquardt vs Maia/Fitch Winner

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Nate defends his SF title this would be a great fight and possible title eliminator. He looked like a beast against Woodley and if he can keep doing the same he should get a title fight after maybe 2 fights in the UFC. Thoughts?

Sounds good. Nate/Rory also sounds good & I think Nate/Nick Diaz would be great as well.

Sounds good. Nate/Rory also sounds good & I think Nate/Nick Diaz would be great as well.

Wonder if Nate and Rory would fight if a title isn't on the line. Doesn't Nate spend a lot of time at Tristar?

Regardless I can't wait to see Nate in the UFC's WW division.

I'd rather see Nate fight the Condit/MacDonald winner

Are they going to let him come back to the UFC so easily? Didn't he ruin a main event at the last second?

Woodley is way down on the totem pole compared to Fitch/Maia. Not to discredit Nate but people are really hyping him up like hes the next title challenger when hes new to WW and hes on the wrong side of 30

I think the precedent has already been sent. If he comes back over to the UFC as the Strikeforce champ, then he gets an immediate shot to unify the titles. I think there are other people we would rather see right now, but it needs to be the same across the board.

Woodley is way down on the totem pole compared to Fitch/Maia. Not to discredit Nate but people are really hyping him up like hes the next title challenger when hes new to WW and hes on the wrong side of 30

well Nate fucken smoked Maia and Kampmann and look how they have done at WW

right and Maia isn't on the wrong side of thirty and really only has one legitimate win at ww and it's over Rick Story. A guy who I think Woodley would easily beat.

Let's also not forget this

matpow.gif

Do we really need to see Nate vs Maia II? There are so many great matchups for Nate when he comes back to the UFC.

well Nate fucken smoked Maia and Kampmann and look how they have done at WW

Wow I honestly forgot that Maia and Marquardt fought and I remember watching that card live. Randy vs Nog. That was a long time ago though, before Nate hit his MW decline

Even is Nate gets the titleshot eventually, would he fight GSP? I thought they were pretty close.

Wow I honestly forgot that Maia and Marquardt fought and I remember watching that card live. Randy vs Nog. That was a long time ago though, before Nate hit his MW decline

I don't know about decline. He lost decisions to Chael and Okami and from what i remember he was just wrestlefucked in both of those fights. And he busted up Chael from the bottom the entire fight.

In any case, i hope his wrestling has improved from those days. If the Woodley fight is any indication he is in good shape. Plus the fact that he is now huge at WW doesn't hurt.

I don't know about decline. He lost decisions to Chael and Okami and from what i remember he was just wrestlefucked in both of those fights. And he busted up Chael from the bottom the entire fight.

In any case, i hope his wrestling has improved from those days. If the Woodley fight is any indication he is in good shape. Plus the fact that he is now huge at WW doesn't hurt.

He had a strong fight against Woodley which I was excited about because I hate Woodley. Anyway, Woodley is the epitome of an unpolished one-dimensional wrestler. No striking ability, no subs, and on top of that sub par cardio. I just dont think its that fair to say that hes gonna be a contender in the UFC after one fight

He had a strong fight against Woodley which I was excited about because I hate Woodley. Anyway, Woodley is the epitome of an unpolished one-dimensional wrestler. No striking ability, no subs, and on top of that sub par cardio. I just dont think its that fair to say that hes gonna be a contender in the UFC after one fight

lol you must not watch many Woodley fights. He's actually a very competent striker and has plenty of submission wins on his record.

right and Maia isn't on the wrong side of thirty and really only has one legitimate win at ww and it's over Rick Story. A guy who I think Woodley would easily beat.

Let's also not forget this

matpow.gif

That knockout was so fucking brutal. Damn.

lol you must not watch many Woodley fights. He's actually a very competent striker and has plenty of submission wins on his record.

I've seen three or four of his fights and I remember him not doing much once he got the take down. Especially in his recent fights, he doesnt have much to offer for me to follow him that closely

Id be down but only if Fitch wins, Kim-Siyar winner would be fine too

Even is Nate gets the titleshot eventually, would he fight GSP? I thought they were pretty close.

He said in an interview that they would definitely fight if it was for the title.

Pretty brutal that knockout over Maia. I like how Nate doesn't even throw when he sees Maia is out. Hopefully both of them get their title shots at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back