Marlon Moraes vs Raphael Assuncao 2 set to Headline UFC Fortaleza Feb 2

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Makes sense for interim belt to be honest Dillashaw is going down to 125 for that belt, Garbrandt is out of the picture, Cruz is always injured and isn't reliable and should have to win at least one fight before he's back in the picture.

Outside of a title shot, this is the best match in the division.

It's the top contenders facing each other, and while it does knock off one of them, it's still the best match to make.

It would be good if both guys can get a title shot but you can't have one of them sitting on their thumbs for that long.

May the best man win.

Marlon's coach is saying it's for the interim belt

If it's official, then @Vulcan may want to add that in The title of the thread.

Except it's already happened and Marlon has earned a title shot. All this is is a springboard for Assuncao. If he wins, he gets a title shot. If Marlon wins, great. He was already next in line anyway.

TJ vs. Cejudo is a joke fight. Cejudo barely beat DJ and now he's getting a superfight?? Not to mention all the matchups at BW for TJ.

The sad thing is, superfights are meant to sell, but no one gives a shit about BW and Flyweight at the casual level
Nothing official has ever been said about Moraes getting a title shot with a win over Rivera. I’m pretty positive that if Cruz beats Lineker, he will be fighting Dillashaw next. Assuncao and Moraes are both at the same spot right now, better fight than a year before an opportunity that might never come.

Makes no sense. They already fought pretty recently in a pretty forgettable (as is Assuncao’s way) fight. I get that TJ is off in a “superfight” that no one asked for, but what about Cruz, Lineker, Cody? Are they all unavailable?

I thought Moraes won the first fight and I think this will be a close fight like the first.
I'm glad these guys got a main event. Bc Cruz was scurred he should have to fight Cody again in a loser leaves town match.

Not a rematch I personally wanted as the first fight wasn't great. I'll take assuncao in this.

Back