Marlon Moraes vs Merab UFC 266, who wins?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
This is an intriguing fight. You might say well Moraes is washed up and he is going to get 30-27 by Merab, but what makes this interesting in my opinion is because I don't necessarily think Moraes's weakness is Merab's style.

I favour Merab, I'd say maybe by significant amount, but what is interesting to me is that what troubles Moraes isn't really grappling, but he seems to fade and he seems to break.

Now you can say that well Merab is a cardio machine so he can break him, but here's the thing. what seems to break Marlon isn't grappling, but it's just good old ass kicking stand up and Merab isn't no Aldo(robbery), Font, Sanhagen or Cejudo.

This is going to be pretty interesting, we will have to see how it plays out, but I'd think Merab should win, but I think Marlon has what it takes to find a way to win, especially early.

That left high kick and guilotine is going to be there all day too

I think Moraes hurts him standing and then subs him.

Merab definitely deserves to be the favorite, but I can't see him wearing Marlon's shots well at all.

I think Moraes hurts him standing and then subs him.

Merab definitely deserves to be the favorite, but I can't see him wearing Marlon's shots well at all.

yeah wierd fight eh

that guillotine and high kick going to be there all day with that hands down i block punches with my face style standing and i give you my neck but i will take you down grappling style

The guy with the best cardio in the division vs the guy with the worst cardio in the division.

I think Merab drowns him.

Merab Dvalishvili all the way
probably via decision

Wow, its an intriguing one. I can see blowouts from either direction, a close decision and even a draw.

Ill always go for the guy with the KO power though. But man Merab can drown him in pressure. A great co-main to a PPV type fight imo.

. what seems to break Marlon isn't grappling, but it's just good old ass kicking stand up and Merab isn't no Aldo(robbery), Font, Sanhagen or Cejudo.

Vs Font Marlon faded after forcing the take downs and top gaming a bit.
Similar to Luke vs Jan.

I don't see Marlon being resilient and recover if he get wrestle fucked for a whole round.

Wow, its an intriguing one. I can see blowouts from either direction, a close decision and even a draw.

Ill always go for the guy with the KO power though. But man Merab can drown him in pressure. A great co-main to a PPV type fight imo.
Strong AV and nice post, Yeeew !

Moraes has 5mins to kill him or he's absolutely toast. He won't do it.

Merab by better cardio and Moraes hasn't been the same fighter since the Cejudo loss.

I can't stand Merab's style, or any fighter with a style like his that also lacks power. Hopefully Marlon can finish him in the first.

Marlon is better technically everywhere but with that said, this is Merab’s fight to lose. He’s one of the best volume fighters in MMA and Marlon absolutely hates volume and pressure.

Merab should be the favorite but I have a little money on Marlon.

Hopefully Moraes does not throw everything at 100% in the first 5 minutes just to gas and quit late in the fight.

Moraes also gasses from grappling. He carries too much muscle.
Merab will drown him unless Marlon lands something wicked and finishes him before then.

Taking underdog Marlon here. I think he catches Merab in a sub in a wild scramble.

Back