Marlon Moraes looking to come to UFC after WSOF contract ends

lykae23

Student of the Gentle Art
@Green
Reaction score
Maybe this belongs in the Worldwide MMA section, but IDK.

http://mmanewssource.com/marlon-mor...ith-ufc-after-he-completes-his-wsof-contract/
For those of you who don't know, Marlon Moraes is currently the WSOF BW champion, defending his title against Joseph Barajas on Feb. 20. After that Barajas fight (which he should win easily), then he has one more fight (probably vs. Josh Hill 2 or the Valiev-Gutierrez winner).
Assuming he wins those 2 and gets picked up by the UFC, who would you like to see him debut against?
Alvarez got thrown straight to the wolves with Cerrone, and I think Moraes could look good against a top 10 like Mizugaki or Johnny Eduardo.

That would be a sweet pick up.

Dude is pretty sic.

Grapplers would be tricky, we haven't seen him against any real wrestlers.

He would ktfo Mizugaki though.

Tough to tell because his debut would probably still be a year or so away.

Him vs. McDonald would be fun.

I hope so. I like that cat. Need Gaethje too.

I don't think Gaethje is all that good; but he is my favorite guy to watch in WSOF by far. The guy goes to war every time in there, that chin is going to give out on him Leben style though.

It wasn't too long ago that BW was looking grim with aging veterans, not much new blood, and talent still outside the UFC.

Now the old guard is transitioning, there's quite a bit of good young talent, and Moraes might finally be making his way over. BW is becoming very interesting.

Depending on where Almeida is in the rankings, they could do a Moraes v. Almeida co-main event on a FOX card or something for #1 contender

Depending on where Almeida is in the rankings, they could do a Moraes v. Almeida co-main event on a FOX card or something for #1 contender
I was actually thinking about that. That could be an awesome 2nd or 3rd UFC fight for Moraes, depending on how Almeida is doing at the time.

I was actually thinking about that. That could be an awesome 2nd or 3rd UFC fight for Moraes, depending on how Almeida is doing at the time.

Really depending on the BW landscape I think fast tacking Moraes to a title shot might be a good idea. Right now there is Cruz, Dillashaw and Faber all sitting pretty comfortably at the top. Once that situation gets settled there's going to need to be a fresh batch of challengers. Almeida v. Moraes IMO would be an amazing #1 contender match (if they both are still on winning streaks).

Actually, if McDonald stays injury free and let's say gets another fight+win then Moraes v. McDonald would be pretty sweet as well. im guessing if Moraes wins all his remaining WSOF fights and gets signed to UFC we can see him fighting in there in the Fall

I wish they'd sign him, Bibi, Dudu, and the guy who whipped Dudu's ass. If they pay Aljo and Raphy comes back strong there could be some fun to be had at Rockholdweight.

He had a chance last time his contract was up and resigned so until he puts his signature on the contract I won't believe it. He's a great fighter but he needs to get to where the competition is at.

The UFC doesn't have enough Brazilians, let's sign some more Brazilians from Brazil.

I wish they'd sign him, Bibi, Dudu, and the guy who whipped Dudu's ass. If they pay Aljo and Raphy comes back strong there could be some fun to be had at Rockholdweight.
Who exactly would that be? He got closely out-wrestled by Warren who subsequently got kneebarred by Galvao (who Dantas KO'd and will be rematching later this month), and he was flash KO'd a few years ago by Nam, who is nobody special.

Last edited:

Do you mean Tyson Nam? He went on a four fight losing streak right after.

Warren didn't beat Eduardo's ass, it was a close fight. Joe would be a good addition to the roster though. So would Caldwell and Galvao.

Back