Marlon Moraes blasts Jose Aldo: F*ck this guy

Aldo clearly won the fight and nobody wants to see moraes get dominated by cejudo again.

The only party to blame is the UFC for booking however they see fit.

Aldo should absolutely campaign for the biggest fights, including title fights, he is capable of getting. Marlon should and does exactly the same.

It is up to the org to run it like a sport, not like the circus coming to town.

aldo won the fight. marlon spent the whole fight backpedaling and refusing to engage

It absolutely is his business if someone he just beat gets a title shot, otherwise no it's not. But since he beat Aldo and they are trying to get Aldo the title shot Moraes has every reason to be pissed off.

You're saying that Moraes has to earn his title shot while implying you have no problem with Aldo getting one.

After a fight where neither man established total dominance........

Jose Aldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marlon Moraes

@NorrisB
whiny marlon. We all know Aldo won this fight. Aldo is BACK and is getting his title shot!

1. Aldo won that fight.
2. Moraes already had a chance against Cejudo and was TKOed.

Fuck this guy Moraes.
that's the obvious reason why Cejudo wouldn't be calling him out, he just beat him. Winning a very close decision that could have gone either way against Aldo doesn't earn him a rematch.

If you think moraes can fuck off and earn the shot, surely you feel it at least the same, if not more strongly about Aldo?

If we assume Aldo barely won, then he is coming off this victory and a decision loss to the current champion at a higher weight.

If we assume Moraes barely won, then he is coming off this victory and a stoppage loss to a man coming up in weight.

Only giving undue weight to this decision would make Moraes more qualified. Also helps to completely ignore their overall careers.

If we assume Aldo barely won, then he is coming off this victory and a decision loss to the current champion at a higher weight.

If we assume Moraes barely won, then he is coming off this victory and a stoppage loss to a man coming up in weight.

Only giving undue weight to this decision would make Moraes more qualified. Also helps to completely ignore their overall careers.
Lmao undue weight to this decision??? It was the decision. When the fight goes to a decision, the winner is who the judges say it is. Period.

It would have to be the most blatant highway robbery ever for everyone to unanimously agree and say ‘no, that’s obviously wrong’. It’s extremely rare, there are few cases of that in combat sports history.

Media scores were split on this fight as well. The decision is what it is and marlon won. That’s fair.

After a fight where neither man established total dominance........

Jose Aldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marlon Moraes

But you still seem fine with Aldo getting a title shot after losing to Moraes and don't seem to understand why Moraes is mad. I don't get that.

If Moraes was arguing he should get a shot before Yan I would get where you're coming from but he's not, he's just saying the guy that he just beat shouldn't be getting a title shot.

Aldo and Moraes shouldn't be considered right now for the title shot Yan and Sterling should both be ahead of them.

I wanted Aldo to win, but he just moved forward in 3rd doing nothing significant while occasionally eating strikes.

I had it 2-1 for Moraes. With that said, i would be ok with Aldo getting the shot because he was fucked by ufc hard, but neither him or Moraes deserve it right now.

Let them fight in the main event of Brasilia FN in March. 5 rounds this time, 2 strikers, beef, let em bang

lmao @ posters who think the fighter who ran a marathon won the fight

Forward pressure means nothing if you're missing a majority of your strikes, or not even letting your hands go in the first place. Like the 3rd round. The round that decided who won the fight.

Or getting outstruck in a lopsided fashion in the 3rd round.

Round 1 was very close, I edge Aldo. 2nd was Aldo. 3rd was close, I also edge Aldo. Moraes was getting off some decent jabs the whole time but when the fight is that razor thin you have to judge aggression and octogon control.

Way too much is put into that head kick that wobbled Aldo, when Aldo had Marlon looking for a way out at the end of the 1st round. Sure Moraes got off a desperation trip/TD but I don't think that was enough to win him the round. 10 years ago a take down meant you won the round, but at a certain point we have to realize that if you don't do anything with it, don't take a dominant position, dont advance position, then its useless and shouldn't be scored any higher than a single Sig Strike.

Close fight, clearly Aldo won. Burn bad judges at the stake imo

Marlon Moraes had nothing but the utmost respect for Jose Aldo before they clashed this past December. That all changed in the aftermath of UFC 245.

“Right now, I have no respect for this guy,” Moraes told MMA Fighting. “Zero respect, not for him, not for his team, for how they are acting. At the fight, Aldo took the microphone, he says I want to congratulate you, no big drama. But he goes home and he sees what Henry (Cejudo) says and he changes literally from 0 to 100. From blue to red. Like ‘I won the fight, Marlon was scared, I see his face.’

“I was not scared. I’ve got 30 fights. I’ve been fighting everyday. I’m not going to be scared. Of course, I’m fighting Aldo, I got a little nervous. Everybody gets a little nervous, but once you get in there, it’s just another body in there. ... He acts like he accepted [the loss], he talked with me right there, and he goes home and he does an interview and talks all this sh*t. F*ck this guy.”

Moraes, a former title challenger, battled the once-dominant featherweight champ in a back and forth scrap. After three rounds, he was awarded the split decision victory. The fight ultimately was decided by the third round.

After rewatching the fight several times, Moraes has only gained confidence that he deserved the nod over Aldo.

“The more you watch, the less you think he won,” Moraes said. “I think one of the main reasons people thought he won: No. 1, because it’s Jose Aldo; No. 2, he was walking [forward] like he wanted to do something; (and) No. 3, it’s about the crowd. I’m fighting Aldo, I’m fighting smart and people are booing me.

“I watched it four or five times, and I know more than I won. I’m fine. I beat this guy and won. Like I said before, it was going to be hard to beat him on the score because I’m fighting Jose Aldo, I’ve got to finish him. I could not finish him, but I definitely think I won.”

Moraes gives Aldo credit for still surging late in the final round, when he admits he expected the ex-champ to run out of gas after a tough cut to bantamweight. Still, there is no question in his mind that the judges made the right call.

“I catch him more with the cleaner shots with better punches, like straight punches,” Moraes said. “He was throwing [overhand] stuff, hooks and missing. He hit my chest. I’m a fighter and I like the game. I love the game. I watch this many times. I’m honest. If I lost the fight, I’m going to tell you I lost.

“Just like my first fight with Raphael [Assuncao]. I thought I won, but it was a close fight. It could go either way. This one, definitely not, especially in the third round. He couldn’t say anything. The third round, I was definitely the better man.”

Moraes agrees with his fellow bantamweights in panning the proposed matchup, adding that for all the great things Aldo has done, he’s currently riding a two-fight losing streak.

“Henry [Cejudo], he wants to fight Aldo,” Moraes said. “He doesn’t want to fight me. He doesn’t want to fight the other contenders. He knows Aldo is a big draw. He was the champion at 145, and fighting him right now is worth more.

“It’s an easier fight with more reward. You and everyone in the game knows what I’m saying.”

But for now, Moraes said, Aldo needs to move to the back of the line.

“Petr Yan, Sandhagen, Sterling, they are on a good streak now,” he said. “They’ve got victories. They do deserve. Aldo does not deserve [a title shot]. That’s a p*ssy move what he’s doing. ‘Oh I want to fight you, I want to beat you’ — you just lost. How can you call the shots? How can you say you want the shot? There are guys in front of you.

“You did not beat nobody. You just lost two fights in a row. Take your time. Get another fight, show to everyone what you’re worth. Finish somebody, and then you can call the shots. Right now, he cannot call the shots. It’s going to be dumb if they do this fight, but whatever, I’m going to be going to the gym. I’m going to train hard, and I’m going to fight all these guys. One day, the fight’s going to come again.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Meh, even though I do think Aldo should have gotten the nod, I do see what Marlong is saying.
However, he is being stupid. He said himself that Aldo's fight is a bigger draw. So why is he acting surprised that Aldo is taking the opportunity that his whole career allowed him to get?
Yes, he got two losses, but it is the decade of dominance that got him this undeserving title shot. Cursing and blaming on Aldo is just retarded.

Blame it on Cejudo for wanting to fight the loser or the UFC for going along with it.
Aldo was not the guy who initiated it, and should NOT decline just because it pissed Marlon off.

At the end of the day, he is right. But it is just not reasonable to demand Aldo to refuse this title shot.

You got one fighter with more volume of strikes

The other with cage control and significant strikes.

Depends on what's important to you and it's extremely close.

Romero and Aldo please the JBG which means even when they don't deserve a title shot they deserve one.

Back