Marketability of Islam Makhachev

Dagestani.

Russian.

Muslim.

Beard with a shaven moustache.

That’s a given to have the entire Muslim and eastern bloc MMA fan base behind you.

Ehh, thats not fair at all you are comparing a promo cut for a UFC fighter with a Video to help people go to sleep!!

I don’t think Islam is going to be as marketable as Khabib in the west. Khabib has great English and can be quite charming.

Nobody cares about Usman at all. Probably 78 k of those 79 k are missclicks or automatic next video by youtube.

neither makachev nor usman are interesting. Great at their craft for sure, but my interest stops at commenting on my lack of interest. and the staircase returns me to the same place. i am my own greatest prankster and i also drink the beer by the same name.

I don’t think Islam is going to be as marketable as Khabib in the west. Khabib has great English and can be quite charming.

Agree. Khabib has a great angle for American audiences. The culturally out of place guy, puzzled by yapping western idiots. Number one bullshit. Give me location. My father gonna smash me. Why I need fight with this guy?

Wrestled a bear. Undefeated. Still lives with his parents. Thinks god is real. It’s a package that Americans can’t help but find charmingly quaint.

It’s a fine line though. Play the same character (not to say that it’s an affectation) with a little less of a twinkle in the eye and it could be pretty off-putting. (Not to mention that being so unstoppable is a big part of it, and Islam has been stopped).

Hope your boy wins. I really do.

iOmu_r.gif

Crazy, Islam video was posted the same time as Usman champion video but Islam video has about 6x the views

<mma4>

View attachment 837464

Damn, I didn't expect to see that. Is it a function of Makhachev and the Russian MMA trend, or one of the most boring UFC champions of all time?

I don't see him having the same widespread appeal as khabib but the Muslims and most of the Russians will be behind him. That's already considerable.

Back