Mark Young vs Mike Tyson

bonnarfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tyson won by KO, but watching the replay leads me to believe that Young took a dive. It was a fix. What say you?

It was a case of a guy being severely over-matched.

Umm, I don't know if he took a dive. I remember it being a right hook and Young fell into the ropes and then to the mat and was out.

Watched a bunch of old Tyson fights on one of the ESPN's today, they had them on for a few hours this afternoon. Seems every couple of months they have a Tyson marathon. Why can't we get a Marciano marthon, or a Frazier or Duran or Pryor marathon? It's always Ali or tyson.

Watched a bunch of old Tyson fights on one of the ESPN's today, they had them on for a few hours this afternoon. Seems every couple of months they have a Tyson marathon. Why can't we get a Marciano marthon, or a Frazier or Duran or Pryor marathon? It's always Ali or tyson.

Ali and Tyson = more viewers, I think.

Ive thought this of some other Tyson opponents, not that it was pre-arranged, but after they got knocked down they realise they dont want any more to do with it and they act it up. Bruce Seldon is the perfect example, no way was he hurt too bad to keep going, he was just petrified of any more shots coming his way.

Shit, I'd love for ESPN to show a bunch of Dempsey's fights.

I've been seeing that "ko" for years on Tyson highlights and have always found it suspect. I tried to see the punch in slow motion and from different angles etc, but every time the result does not equate to the cause. Tyson nicks his chin with that left hook and he goes flying and bouncing off the ropes.

Tyson won by KO, but watching the replay leads me to believe that Young took a dive. It was a fix. What say you?

You can't blame a guy for fighting/punching in a way that makes fighters quit for fear of receiving serious life-long injuries. Props to Young Mike...

Back