Mark Munoz suffered knee injury: "It buckled during the first takedown"

Can fighters mention their injuries without Sherdoggers bitching?

It's not an excuse. If your knee buckles in combat then so be it. That's just one of those things. It's cause and effect and not an excuse. It's not like Big Nog saying that he "almost died" because he was so sick going into his first fight with Fedor.

Well that sucks.. probably played a not-insignificant factor in his lack of success in grounding Mousasi. Eh.

He would have still lost. Mousasi is on a different level.

It's not an excuse. If your knee buckles in combat then so be it. That's just one of those things. It's cause and effect and not an excuse.
This. When you are fighting inside a cage, people are gonna get hurt.

Shogun tore his acl trying to defend machidas takedown, and then knocked him out.

Didn't know Munoz was Brazilian

midnightpoint.png

"Mark will have his knee looked at when he returns to the states," according to a post on the middleweight's official Facebook page. "It buckled during the first takedown in the Munoz vs. Mousasi fight. When we receive the results of the MRI, we will update all."

I don't see how he's making an excuse, just mentioning he hurt his knee in the fight.

On the other hand, let's talk about Mousasi's awesome financial responsibility:

"I am in the real estate business. I never spend my fight money. I invest it in real estate and rent out apartments and houses and buildings. I use the income from that to live on and my fight money goes directly back into getting more real estate. Right now I have 11 different properties. I don

Even a 100% Mark Munoz would lose to Mousasi.

Mousasi is better than Munoz everywhere the fight goes.

Can fighters mention their injuries without Sherdoggers bitching?

I know...sometimes maybe there is a legit reason when a guy doesn't perform his best.

Only on Sherdog "it's disrespectful", "everyone is injured", "excuses", "simply the better fighter",blah, blah, blah.
Maybe it's true and getting hurt made a difference.

Damn Mousasey really brings it on fighters get injured just trying to take him down.

Moose really put a violent pace during the fight no wonder Mark buckled

Back