Mark Munoz has had the toughest past 3 fights in the UFC

ch0rx

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the most competitive division right now.

A prime Weidman who is a fucking wrecking ball.
Former LHW Champ and assassin Machida who is truly scary right now.
And Gegard Mousasi, former SF champ and one of the best strikers in the UFC.

Wouldn't be surprised if they give him Rockhold or Jacare next. I truly feel bad for the guy.

Yeah I never understand why people hate on Munoz, he's lost to better comp than most guys have beaten

Boestch, not Weidman was his third fight ago.

Losing to Weidman, Machida, and Mousasi is nothing to be ashamed of though. He's still a top fifteen guy, I'd put him against Carmont or Philippou next.

Always a fan of Munoz, won't find a nicer guy in the sport, hope he rebounds.

Where is Munoz's mental state right now, I wonder. He went into a state of depression after Weidman destroyed him, since he genuinely believed he was a title contender. After the losses against Machida and Mousasi, no way he can believe in himself anymore.

No offence to Munoz but I can't understand how anyone thought he would have a chance against Mousasi. Perfect example of a cage fighting wrestler vs. a REAL mix martial artist :D

Also, I agree with TS that his past 3 fights have been tough as hell. He's still a solid gatekeeper for the MW division.

Frank Mir's Last 4 fights:

Junior Dos Santos
Daniel Cormier
Josh Barnett
Alistair Overeem

phillipou would make sense now; i don't think he fights higher ranked guys like rockhold just yet.

Frank Mir's Last 4 fights:

Junior Dos Santos
Daniel Cormier
Josh Barnett
Alistair Overeem

Jesus christ did he fuck Joe Silva's wife or something? (granted the JDS was the for the title so no complaints there)

No offence to Munoz but I can't understand how anyone thought he would have a chance against Mousasi. Perfect example of a cage fighting wrestler vs. a REAL mix martial artist :D

Also, I agree with TS that his past 3 fights have been tough as hell. He's still a solid gatekeeper for the MW division.

i was really impressed with mousasi's ground work and tdd here. he made munoz look really one dimensional and the one dimension wasn't even working well.

also, it struck me that munoz didn't seem to have a plan b -- he held onto a weak single and took a lot of strikes several points in the fight.

In the most competitive division right now.

A prime Weidman who is a fucking wrecking ball.
Former LHW Champ and assassin Machida who is truly scary right now.
And Gegard Mousasi, former SF champ and one of the best strikers in the UFC.

Wouldn't be surprised if they give him Rockhold or Jacare next. I truly feel bad for the guy.

Boetsch was in between Weidman and Machida.

They'll give him Larkin or Carmont next (coming off loses).

Jesus christ did he fuck Joe Silva's wife or something? (granted the JDS was the for the title so no complaints there)

UFC uses him to build up fighters, I doubt Mir has any complaints, I'm pretty sure he gets taken care of good.

He has pleased JBG with sacrifices of his own blood, brain cells and career. He can retire with honor.

As a Munoz fan, hurts to say but I think he should consider retiring soon. Like Chael, he's in it for the title and I don't see that happening. He's taken a lot of damage in his career (bad KO's from Hammil, Weidman, and Machida) and he's not getting any younger

show him some pity, give him bisping next

Back