Mark Laimons Cobra Kai jujitsu...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was going to make this in grappling forum but the question has nothing to do with grappling.

What I am wondering is, how did Mark Laimon use the Cobra Kai likeness without getting sued?

I mean, he is blatantly using the same logo from the cobra kai karate from karate kid and yet he hasn't faced any backlash.

Is there no labeling laws for martial arts schools?

Maybe it wasn't a registered trademark in the state he was doing business in?

I believe it had to do with John Kreese and Terry Silver's actions in the All Valley Tournament. They hired Karate's Bad Boy in Mike Barnes to take out the defending champion. The Cobra Kai message was false, they did not honor any of the things they preached. So, I believe they have irrelevant since the 80's. It really was a cruel summer for Kreese.

At first I thought they were legit, until a 60 year old Okinawan went into their dojo and wrecked them three on one.

I believe it had to do with John Kreese and Terry Silver's actions in the All Valley Tournament. They hired Karate's Bad Boy in Mike Barnes to take out the defending champion. The Cobra Kai message was false, they did not honor any of the things they preached. So, I believe they have irrelevant since the 80's. It really was a cruel summer for Kreese.

prob y he works @ buffalo wind wings now

KK3 was such a jip, win a point, lose a point... A perfect way for the movie to end was if Daniel was too injured to continue and Johnny would step in, and beat up Barnes. Not to mention, what was the point of the chick in the KK3? She made him mac n cheese and she was telling him "I have somebody and I don't mean to lead you on". When a chick makes you mac n cheese, well, might as well get the chick a ring.

Cobra Kai in my opinion are the coolest bad guys in any movie... and anti-heroes dont count, anti heroes are like the dudes in Goodfellas, where we all know they do bad things but the movie itself tries to make them the heroes so we root for them... Cobra Kai were not portray as anti-heroes, Cobra Kai were the "bad guys" who were bullying Daniel san but in my opinion they were cool and Johnny even admits defeat at the end asking for the trophy to give it to Daniel himself, Bobby didnt want to fuck up Daniel and he even apologyzed after he did so, they were not bad just bad influenced.

Cobra Kai in my opinion are the coolest bad guys in any movie... and anti-heroes dont count, anti heroes are like the dudes in Goodfellas, where we all know they do bad things but the movie itself tries to make them the heroes so we root for them... Cobra Kai were not portray as anti-heroes, Cobra Kai were the "bad guys" who were bullying Daniel san but in my opinion they were cool and Johnny even admits defeat at the end asking for the trophy to give it to Daniel himself, Bobby didnt want to fuck up Daniel and he even apologyzed after he did so, they were not bad just bad influenced.

Kreese projecting his Vietnam PTSD onto karate, distorting their global perspective. Very sad.

This thread is awesome. TS, you should have just posted this in the grappling forum. You should know that Mayberry will turn this topic into a Karate Kid thread.

High fives, fellas.

Kreese projecting his Vietnam PTSD onto karate, distorting their global perspective. Very sad.

PTSD, what PTSD?

kreese-returns-o.gif

This thread is awesome. TS, you should have just posted this in the grappling forum. You should know that Mayberry will turn this topic into a Karate Kid thread.

High fives, fellas.

KKs an underrated movie. kids these days prob nvr even heard of it & if they have, theyd prob think of jaden smiths version

KKs an underrated movie. kids these days prob nvr even heard of it & if they have, theyd prob think of jaden smiths version

They are indeed good. If they are on TV and I am bored, I will watch them on the tube.

I haven't even watched The Kung Fu Kid. I refuse to.

They are indeed good. If they are on TV and I am bored, I will watch them on the tube.

I haven't even watched The Kung Fu Kid. I refuse to.

I like Will Smith but I will never forgive his ass for pulling his hollywood ass influence in having his son make that piece of shit

Sad part is, the remake was called Karate Kid, and he learned kung fu. Smh...

Back